The next tropical storm will be named Humberto. High temperatures will stay in the mid-to-upper 90s through the remainder of the workweek.
A tropical depression could form as the system moves through the Florida Straits where environmental conditions are expected to become more favorable for tropical transformation this weekend.
Regardless of development, this disturbance will produce periods of locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds across the Bahamas through Thursday, and across Florida by late Friday and continuing into the weekend.More news: Men's hockey take on Russia, Women's play USA in FIH Olympic Qualifiers
The peak is due to ocean water temperatures reaching their warmest, along with a drop in unfavorable shearing winds aloft. Rain chances increase over the weekend, as highs approach 90° Sunday. Both had low chances of development as of Wednesday morning.
The first is located in the mid-Atlantic, 650 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
The National Hurricane Center reports that the system has a 50-percent chance of developing into a tropical storm over the next 5 days and 10-percent chance of development over the next 48 hours.More news: Occasional naps may reduce risk of heart attack
Forecasters say the area of showers and storms, now sitting near the Turks and Caicos Islands, will move over the state late this week, enhancing the chance of rain through the weekend.
The other system, still in the middle of the Atlantic, has a slightly better chance of developing into a tropical storm.
Because the system is still so disorganized, there is not a lot of agreement among forecast models about where it will go after that, but most suggest it will continue on towards the northern Gulf Coast. Rain coverage today should be around 40%, and storms could start firing up a little earlier in the day.More news: LG Unveil NVIDIA G-SYNC Support For OLED TVs
It has a 20 percent chance of development over the next five days.
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe to Lie in State at Two Different Stadiums
- Massive Illinois train derailment sparks chemical fire, numerous evacuations
- Philippines confirms first swine fever cases
- Teen stole parents' money to fund alleged plot to kill them
- IPhone 11 set to make Apple's Diwali a grand affair
- EVERYTHING You Need to Know about Apple’s iPhone 11 Event!
- Samsung Will Offer Discounted Galaxy Fold Repairs to Alleviate Screen Worries
- "Coral" Google Pixel 4 Appears In A New Hands-On Video
- Stars rock lingerie at Rihanna's Savage X Fenty fashion show
- Disney & Netflix Stocks Plummet After Apple+ Unveils $4.99 Price