Richard Joseph McEwan, 26, of Milford, will appear in Superior Court in Somerset County on third-degree criminal mischief charges relating to the $20,000 in damage he is accused of causing to the president's property. Police said he drove onto Trump's course twice in the last week, driving in circles on two different greens and causing at least US$17,000 (NZ$26,000) in damage. He then took off his shoes.
Swift was not at her home in Westerly, Rhode Island, on August 30, when McEwan was reportedly seen scaling the fence of the "You Need to Calm Down" singer's palatial East coast mansion, which sits on Bluff Avenue in Watch Hill.
Four days later, McEwan was back in New Jersey but his manners were nowhere to be found when he crashed Trump's favorite home away from the White House, officials say.More news: Zimbabwe's Mugabe to Lie in State at Two Different Stadiums
Around 5:30 p.m. on September 3, a Trump National employee spotted a vehicle playing loud music and doing "donuts" on the grass around the 11th hole of Trump National Golf Course in Bedminster, Somerset County Prosecutor Michael Robertson said.
McEwan was allegedly caught inside the 11,744-square-foot home after he triggered a motion sensor alarm that alerted police.
Cops connected McEwan to the first incident by a piece of the Ford left behind.More news: Men's hockey take on Russia, Women's play USA in FIH Olympic Qualifiers
Last Sunday, police returned to the golf course when a witness reported seeing a blue Ford compact vehicle with a Rutgers sticker driving in circles on the green of the 13th hole. Police said the witness got a partial look at the car's license plate, and that led them to McEwan. When officers asked him why he wasn't wearing any, he told them, 'I was always taught that when you go into someone's home, you have to take your shoes off, ' " Westerly Police Chief Shawn Lacey told the Sun. McEwan was charged with breaking and entering and willful trespassing.
For the most recent allegations at the golf course, Trump was reported to not be at the location but did spend time there during July, according to his public schedule.More news: LG Unveil NVIDIA G-SYNC Support For OLED TVs
- Prime Minister Trudeau dissolves Canada parliament
- "Coral" Google Pixel 4 Appears In A New Hands-On Video
- China to exempt 16 categories of U.S. products from tariffs
- Stars rock lingerie at Rihanna's Savage X Fenty fashion show
- Sixth death possibly linked to vaping
- EVERYTHING You Need to Know about Apple’s iPhone 11 Event!
- Philippines confirms first swine fever cases
- Coral Google Pixel 4 sighted in action, Pixel 4 XL specs listed
- Occasional naps may reduce risk of heart attack
- Disney & Netflix Stocks Plummet After Apple+ Unveils $4.99 Price