Ireland got the Olympic qualifier draws they probably desired as both the men and women will face Canada for their Olympic ticket to Tokyo 2020.
Speaking about the preparations, the women's team captain Rani Rampal said, "Our team is very well prepared for that match". After missing out on a direct berth to Tokyo when they failed to clinch gold in the 2018 Asian Games, Rani's team would hope to make amends.More news: Will cost just $4.99, launches on November 1st
The Canadian women made the Olympic qualifier by virtue of their runner-up finish at the FIH Hockey Series Finals in June in Valencia, Spain.
The men's team is expected to come into the qualifiers high on confidence after their superior performance against the Russians in the FIH Series Finals at the Kalinga Stadium, which is also the venue for the upcoming qualifiers.
Great Britain's men and women have discovered the opposition who stand between them and a place at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. The Russian team, on the other hand, had won 12-1 against Uzbekistan, 3-2 against Poland and lost a close 1-2 match against South Africa in the knockout stage.More news: LG Unveil NVIDIA G-SYNC Support For OLED TVs
Canada's recent record is impressive, having clinched the runners up spot at the Pan-Americans games last month, beating the higher ranked United States of America en route to securing their highest finish on their continental stage since 1991.
"As our Chief Coach Graham Reid says, we can not take any team lightly and we need to respect every opponent".
The updated FIH rankings after the end of the Oceania Cup saw the top-five among men, including India, retain their positions despite the upsets in the recent European Championships. He said, "We have built some good momentum with this young squad and I am satisfied with how focused this unit has been. We are focusing on continuing the brilliant communication on the field and maintain our level of performance", the Dutchman added. We will respect them and prepare accordingly. "I am sure they will come well prepared as it's the Olympic Qualifiers and they are capable of surprising any team", Manpreet was quoted as saying in a Hockey India release.More news: Yelich out for season with fractured knee cap
- Apple's iPhone 11 camera interface mimics Instagram
- Kill politics to save the Amazon Rainforest
- New iPhones woo users to Apple television and games
- Hurricane Dorian: Destruction as storm hits Bahamas
- EVERYTHING You Need to Know about Apple’s iPhone 11 Event!
- Shock draw with Asian champs Qatar fills India with pride
- England’s Casey seals one-shot win at European Open
- Speaker John Bercow: London’s longest-running one-man show
- Trump says he didn't know Air Force crew stayed at his resort
- Watch Alex Cora’s Pregame Press Conference Ahead Of Red-Sox Yankees