The Google Play Pass will likely be similar to the Apple Aracde in its form and function, however not much is known about the service as of yet. "Google Play Pass is coming soon". It feels like $9.99 is the more logical price point but time will tell. Apple Arcade was announced back in March this year but the service hasn't launched yet. However, the company hasn't revealed any other details about the upcoming Play Pass. There are a bunch of high-quality games on the Play Store which Google could use in the Play Pass subscription.
Stardew Valley and Marvel Pinball are two of the premium games that are expected to be part of the new service.More news: Prime Minister Trudeau dissolves Canada parliament
Apple Arcade will be accessible on iPhones, iPads, Apple TV and Macs via a new tab in the App Store (available on September 30 on iPadOS and tvOS 13, and in October on macOS Catalina). Aside from games, the subscription will also include regular apps.
Apple's App Store is already a major distribution platform for games, offering some 300,000 free and paid games.
Some of the titles that users can expect are Beyond a Steel Sky, Doomsday Vault, Hitchhiker, Lego Brawls, Overland, Winding Worlds, and Yaga.More news: Apple Arcade will launch September 19 for $4.99
The announcement of Apple Arcade and Apple TV comes after the research firm IDC reported a 25% drop so far in 2019 in iPhone shipments.
Play Pass requires its users to pay its fee monthly which would guarantee access to a library of apps and games, not only ad-free but also free of in-app purchases.More news: Stars rock lingerie at Rihanna's Savage X Fenty fashion show
- House Judiciary Committee to vote on impeachment hearing parameters
- California Assembly passes legislation to let college athletes sign endorsement deals
- Coral Google Pixel 4 sighted in action, Pixel 4 XL specs listed
- Team USA loses to France, exits FIBA World Cup without a medal
- Arlene Foster warns Northern Ireland-only backstop 'would be anti-democratic'
- HK exchange makes £32B bid for LSE
- Conor McGregor hints at possible return for rematch vs. Dustin Poirier
- Daily Online Edition of The Sunday Times Sri Lanka
- Yelich out for season with fractured knee cap
- Disney & Netflix Stocks Plummet After Apple+ Unveils $4.99 Price