Three-time major victor Padraig Harrington finished the week in 12th, while D+D Real Czech Masters champ Thomas Pieters came home inside the top 20.
The Englishman was the clubhouse leader but had left the door to MacIntyre and Ritthammer when he three putted the last.More news: Speaker John Bercow: London’s longest-running one-man show
Casey, a four-time Ryder Cup player, is the third successive English player to win the tournament after 2017 victor Jordan Smith and Richard McEvoy in 2018. However, it is his first victory in Europe since taking the KLM Open in the Netherlands back in 2014.
"I get emotional at every victory but this year has been so fantastic", Casey told europeantour.com, who dedicated the trophy to former victor Gordon Brand Jnr following his death at the age of 60 last month. With a closing 66 for a 14-under-par 274 total, the Ryder Cup player won by a shot from MacIntyre (68), German Bernd Ritthammer (68) and Austrian Matthias Schwab (66).
"I'll be dedicating this to Gordon Brand Jnr, without question".More news: There's a new feminist Monopoly where women get more money
"This is an incredibly prestigious tournament", Casey told Sky Sports.
"I can only control what I can control and that's swinging the golf club for each individual shot".
The Porsche European Open returns to the Green Eagle Golf Course with reigning champion Richard McEvoy looking to defend his title. I've been lucky to win at Wentworth, and to win this one feels very special. "I didn't really know where I stood walking up 15th and, as I had seen Paul holing putts up ahead, I had to ask one of the camera crew where we stood", added MacIntyre. Usually the guys who struggle on Saturdays play well on Sundays. I had to ask one of the camera crew where we were.More news: Facebook explains privacy concerns ahead of iOS 13
It was a third second of the year for MacIntyre, 23, as he seeks his maiden win on tour.
- Zimbabwe delegation holds mass for Mugabe in Singapoore
- What Did Meghan Markle Do on Her New York Visit?
- Langer defends Australia's Ashes celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo Scores 4 Goals in Portugal's Rout of Lithuania
- Tick, tock: OBJ plans to keep wearing lavish watch in games
- Watch Alex Cora’s Pregame Press Conference Ahead Of Red-Sox Yankees
- Apple's iPhone 11 camera interface mimics Instagram
- Hurricane Dorian: Destruction as storm hits Bahamas
- Corbyn Gears Up for Election With Pledge to Help British Workers
- Apple Announces New 10.2-inch iPad, Apple Watch Series 5, and More