Tim Paine's men finally saw off stubborn England at Old Trafford on Sunday to take a 2-1 lead in the five-Test series with just one match to go, meaning they will retain the urn. He donned glasses and was spotted shadow-batting left-handed, a jibe the locals felt was aimed at England tailender Jack Leach.
But Langer is adamant Smith was mimicking Chris Rogers, who last played for Australia in 2015 and, like Leach, wears glasses when he bats. We can't do anything of what people make of it.
0:34 James Anderson says that Test captain Joe Root must share the 'same vision' as the next England head coach
"I'm enjoying what I'm doing and whilst I can continue to contribute in some way I'll continue to do it", he told Australian media. That's OK, that's life.
"He'll be fine... Davey hasn't had a great series, there's no secrets about that. People can make of it what they like but that's the truth".
"He's been great, good for the crowds, good amongst the group. They know there is still unfinished business and we are looking forward to this last Test match". "But he's also a world class player", Langer added.More news: LG Unveil NVIDIA G-SYNC Support For OLED TVs
"He's not come under question from anyone making any decisions", Bayliss said. "No one has mentioned it or spoken about it".
"When you're known as a cheat - and he is, I'm not going to sugar-coat it, the three guys cheated - that's on your CV".More news: England’s Casey seals one-shot win at European Open
The former captain, top of the worldwide rankings, has carried his team's batting with three centuries and two fifties, including a double-century in the win in Manchester, with Marnus Labuschagne the only other batsman who has shown any consistency.More news: Kill politics to save the Amazon Rainforest
- Coral Google Pixel 4 sighted in action, Pixel 4 XL specs listed
- Daily Online Edition of The Sunday Times Sri Lanka
- Singaporean iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max pricing
- Arlene Foster warns Northern Ireland-only backstop 'would be anti-democratic'
- New iPhones woo users to Apple television and games
- British lawmakers reject holding snap elections ahead of Brexit
- Facebook explains privacy concerns ahead of iOS 13
- Apple Arcade will launch September 19 for $4.99
- Google Pixel 4 Motion Sensor Feature Details revealed
- Trump says he didn't know Air Force crew stayed at his resort