"I think me and Conor running it back makes a lot of sense at this point", was Poirier's tweet.
With that in mind, let's take a look at a few fighters who could offer him the opportunity to bounce back next year.More news: British lawmakers reject holding snap elections ahead of Brexit
Nurmagomedev filed his 28th victory out of 28 fights by submitting Dustin Poirier in the third round at UFC 242 on Saturday. Why not? If you have money in your hand, this is very good. "When I see someone pushing against the cage and not really doing much, just kind of putting themselves as a wet blanket. If he wants to fight, welcome". He is on a 12-fight win streak and has not lost since 2012. Dana White has named him the next challenger, that is if Ferguson accepts the fight and his recent comments are certain to rile up the Russian lightweight champion. The thing that might sink any possibility of the fight happening, however, is St-Pierre's insistence that he has no interest in fighting, winning the belt, and then guaranteeing to defend it. A clash between him and Nurmagomedov has been booked in the past but somehow both have pulled out for various reasons. St-Pierre returned to fight Michael Bisping for the UFC middleweight championship in November of 2017.
A battle with Nurmagomedov is the one in particular that St-Pierre has as of late discussed as being enticing enough to conceivably coax him out of retirement.More news: Trump says he didn't know Air Force crew stayed at his resort
UFC's next big fight?
"I'm not going to wait around [for Nurmagomedov]", he said ahead of UFC 242. He's reached a different type of clientele, maybe in the Middle East, and (has) the Muslim world idolising him. "He's a symbol", St-Pierre said in an ongoing meeting distributed by DAZN. "I'm out. I'm not interested in signing a fight with Khabib and guarantee them that I want to go back and fight another contender". Perhaps the idea of the fight grows to a magnitude that officials deem it worthy of the risk, but that factor alone is likely to keep the fight from happening.More news: Hurricane Dorian: Destruction as storm hits Bahamas
- England’s Casey seals one-shot win at European Open
- Singaporean iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max pricing
- Occasional naps may reduce risk of heart attack
- Yelich out for season with fractured knee cap
- Shock draw with Asian champs Qatar fills India with pride
- Disney & Netflix Stocks Plummet After Apple+ Unveils $4.99 Price
- New iPhones woo users to Apple television and games
- Facebook explains privacy concerns ahead of iOS 13
- LG Unveil NVIDIA G-SYNC Support For OLED TVs
- Men's hockey take on Russia, Women's play USA in FIH Olympic Qualifiers