Alena Kiel said: "Anyway so my birthday is on Friday the 13th and there's a Full Moon so I guess I'm gonna be extra powerful this year". Those who live in the Eastern Time Zone will see the moon reach its full phase after midnight at 12:33 a.m. on Saturday. But, for the casual observer, the nightsky on Friday, September 13, will be dominated by a basically full moon.
The moon should appear full from September 12 until September 15, although NASA says it won't be completely full until 9:30 pm.
"But if you live elsewhere in the country-in the Central, Mountain, or Pacific time zones-the moment that the Moon turns full comes before midnight on Friday, the 13th".
Onlookers will be able to catch a glimpse of a rare full moon on Friday the 13th.More news: 'He looks just like Harry': Ellen DeGeneres talks about meeting baby Archie
The first day of fall will arrive on September 22 or 23, depending on the time zone.
When does fall begin? During this time, the moon rises as the sun sets - first appearing as a more dramatic, orange-colored moonlight.
In Toronto, for example, the sun is slated to set at 7:31 p.m., and the moon is expected to rise at 7:46 p.m. on Friday, according to the website Time and Date.
Despite all those special qualities, the full moon this weekend won't be a particularly impressive site.More news: Coast Guard rescues all four crew members trapped in capsized cargo ship
It's mini! This year's harvest moon will occur during the apogee, or the point in the moon's orbit when it's farthest from Earth.
"The Moon was more than 30,000 miles closer and was accordingly branded a "Supermoon". This means it will appear about 14 percent smaller, giving it the "Micro Moon" label.
Other names for the full moon of September, from Native American peoples, are the full corn moon and full barley moon, which are based on its proximity to harvest time for those two crops.
When viewed from Los Angeles, the Full Moon will peak around 9.32pm PDT.More news: John Bercow Announces He Will Stand Down In An Emotional Speech
- Khabib Nurmagomedov On Retirement Rumours: "I’m Not Ready To Leave Yet"
- Von der Leyen unveils 'geopolitical Commission'
- Iran's 'blue girl' dies after setting herself on fire
- Wilbur Ross Threatened To Fire NOAA Employees After Birmingham Statement
- Steve Harmison says Smith will always be remembered as a cheat
- Things Get Weird in THE LIGHTHOUSE Trailer
- Barcelona defender Umtiti dismisses "useless" Arsenal transfer rumours
- Google Pixel 4 XL appears in black and white colors
- Barty reclaims number one spot, Andreescu up to fifth
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare gets an official multiplayer beta trailer