In all 34 cases recorded in NY, patients reported using at least one cannabis-containing vape product before becoming ill.
Idaho health officials are asking health care providers to be alert for signs of respiratory illness in patients who use vaping products, and to report any cases to public health officials.
'It scared me into quitting, ' she said.
E-cigarettes are generally thought to be safer than traditional cigarettes, which kill up to half of all lifetime users, the World Health Organization says - but the long-term health effects of vaping are largely unknown. When we have a patient identified who has this type of illness in the county, it is triggering a team investigation similar to how we react to a communicable disease.More news: USA bounces Varejao, Brazil; advances to quarterfinals
And on Monday, the Food and Drug Administration accused Juul Labs of violating United States rules against marketing to teens by telling a group of NY high school kids that its wildly popular e-cigarettes were "totally safe".
"The Ohio Department of Health is working in conjunction with the CDC to investigate the source of the vaping pen, the source of the refills and other data on the lifestyle factors to determine if the patient illness is vaping-related or not".
The reports of illness have been among teenagers and young adults, Tuner said.
"That is a huge mistake", she said. Health advocates hope it will pass by the end of the year. We have grave concerns about what the longer term usage data could reveal. "If you or a loved one is vaping, please stop". Parents need to be diligent about searching for any vaping products and begin to discuss the danger of vaping early in the elementary grades before vaping typically becomes a habit. She said other symptoms could include fever, fatigue, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.More news: JOKER Writer/Director Balks At Crossover with ROBERT PATTINSON's BATMAN
Health officials in Kansas have confirmed the first death in the state related to an outbreak of a lung disease linked to vaping.
The department urges people who have trouble breathing after using vaping products to seek medical attention immediately.
No exact cause of the conditions has been confirmed, but some have suggested they are linked to the use of e-cigarette liquids containing nicotine or cannabis.More news: Alibaba Chairman Jack Ma Steps Down From Chinese Internet Giant
- ‘Face/Off’ Reboot in the Works at Paramount
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare gets an official multiplayer beta trailer
- 'He looks just like Harry': Ellen DeGeneres talks about meeting baby Archie
- Israeli troops kill Gaza teens during border protests: medics
- Wilbur Ross Threatened To Fire NOAA Employees After Birmingham Statement
- China producer prices shrink most in 3 years in August
- Things Get Weird in THE LIGHTHOUSE Trailer
- The Rock Reveals How Kevin Hart Is Doing After Serious Injury
- Von der Leyen unveils 'geopolitical Commission'
- #TheSkyIsPinkTrailer: Twitter users are super-impressed with Priyanka Chopra Jonas' comeback