The viral red Jeep that was discovered Thursday morning was pounded by waves from Hurricane Dorian, leaving the windshield smashed in and the front bumper gone Friday morning. The hurricane ended up only brushing the state, but not without pummelling shores with a dose of severe weather.
But that didn't stop people from flocking to the beach to take photos and videos of the jeep as the tide rose and heavy rains and winds began to batter the coastline.
Credit Melbourne Police Department
The police later identified this package as containing cocaine.More news: Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu promises to annex Jordan Valley if he wins elections
Melbourne police were now investigating the brick that had a word beginning with DIAMANT on the packaging.
The contents of the package - which appeared to be labeled "diamant", Spanish for "diamond" - later tested positive for cocaine. "Our narcotics will conduct a follow-up investigation". In June, $1 billion worth of cocaine was seized on a ship that docked in Philadelphia whose last port of call had been in the island nation, according to NBC News.More news: Ashura stampede leaves at least 31 dead
Over in Cocoa Beach about 20 miles north, police were also alerted of duffel bag that had washed on to shore.
According to the police officers, 16 cocaine bricks made their approach to the Florida seashores.More news: Americans rally to win Walker Cup in Liverpool
Dorian spent much of Tuesday offshore Florida, parallel to the east coast, as a Category 2 hurricane. On the forecast track, the center of Dorian will move near or over the coast of North Carolina during the next several hours. By Tuesday, forecasters said Dorian could damage the Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and SC coasts, even if didn't make landfall.
- Apple Announces Pricing And Launch Date For Streaming Service Apple TV+
- IAA 2019: Reinvented 2020 Land Rover Defender breaks cover
- Turkey says Washington is stalling on Syria 'safe zone'
- United Kingdom opposition rages at Johnson after he suspends Parliament
- Rare full moon to illuminate night sky on Friday the 13th
- It’s the peak of the hurricane season, and it’s busy out there
- FDA Warns Juul About Illegal Marketing Claims
- Telescope detects 100 mysterious radio signals from three billion light years away
- Huawei drops one of its lawsuits against US government
- Australian Federal Police savagely troll England cricket team after Ashes defeat