Chadwick blasted off the grid at the start, leading Alice Powell and Assen victor Emma Kimilainen in the first half of the race. A close fight with title rival Visser saw brief contact made between the two single-seater racing cars, with Chadwick then dropped to fourth. Chadwick finished fourth - the first time this season that she had failed to record a podium finish - but it was not important: she had done enough to be champion, and that was all that mattered.
Having picked up victories in Hockenheim and Misano earlier in the six-race series - and finishing on the podium at every other event before her home race in Kent - 21-year-old Chadwick was the pick of the field in the historic all-women's championship. "It'll sink in soon I'm sure, but it hasn't yet", said the 2019 champion when all was said and done.
"It's really turned my career around", said Chadwick, who a year ago at Brands Hatch became the first woman to win a round of the British F3 championship.More news: Sebastian Telfair was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison
FIA Superlicense points - 40 of which are required to race in F1 - will be up for grabs next season as W Series expands, but Chadwick revealed she may not defend her title in 2020.
The race came alive as Powell attacked on the inside at turn one.
She said the money would help fund the next stage of her career, wherever that might be, and would make a "massive, massive difference".More news: Andone, Maupay strike as Brighton stun Watford 3-0
"I suspected that W Series had the potential to be something big, but I never expected it to be this big". I think that might have caught Emma out and thus enabled me to take the win - which is just incredible. I want to go on to achieve a lot in the sport and next year I will prepare myself in he best way to do that.
W Series founder Catherine Bond Muir hoped to add at least two races to the calendar next year, probably in Europe before a possible inter-continental expansion into the United States and Asia in 2021.
'My aspirations are much greater than W Series. Next year, the W Series victor will also get points. I thought I had Beitske behind me but made a bit of a mistake and she got past. Powell was third overall on 76.More news: Argentina opposition set to defeat Macri after big primary upset
- 16-year-old Fortnite champion 'swatted' while livestreaming
- Knife-wielding man goes on stabbing rampage in Sydney; body found
- Three dogs die from toxic algae after swimming in North Carolina pond
- Ebola cure? Scientists discover two highly effective drugs
- Queen, despite Epstein scandal behind Prince Andrew - view
- Eddie Murphy lights up the trailer for Netflix's 'Dolemite Is My Name'
- Britain Sends Warship To Persian Gulf
- Friends Is Heading to Movie Theaters for Its 25th Anniversary
- Minecraft's Super Duper Graphics Pack is canceled
- Boris Johnson criticises European Union lack of cooperation on Brexit deal