The epidemic has been declared a public health emergency of worldwide concern by the World Health Organization.
The two countries were committed to implementing preventive mechanisms to contain Ebola and secure cross-border flows in order to reduce the risk of the spread of the disease, said a joint communique issued after the meeting held in northwestern Rwanda's Rubavu district, which borders the eastern DRC city of Goma.
The arrested doctors had been working to try to stem the epidemic in North Kivu province when a Cameroonian doctor, Richard Kiboung, was shot dead in April at a hospital in Butembo city, the prosecutor, Jean-Baptiste Kumbu told dpa. He was one of few medics deployed to the Congo to help victims against the spread of the virus.More news: DOJ: Friend of Dayton shooter to face federal charges
He said militiamen involved in attacking treatment centres, including Butembo hospital, had under interrogation implicated four doctors in planning the raids.
"He would regularly spend 15 to 20 days a month working among isolated communities in his home country, Cameroon, far from his wife and 4 children", the World Health Organization added.
The current outbreak in eastern DR Congo began in August a year ago and is the biggest of the 10 to hit the country since 1976, when the virus was first discovered.More news: Taliban Says Latest Round of US-Taliban Talks Finishes
In a statement on Friday, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said the Philippine government is closely monitoring the outbreak of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in the DRC.
The year-long outbreak in the eastern DRC has killed almost 2 000 people to date.
Roughly 200 health facilities have since been attacked in the Congo this year, and 54 people remain detained in connection to such attacks on medical centers.More news: Nationals' win ends Mets streak at eight
- World’s 1st 108-Megapixel Smartphone Camera Sensor Launched By Samsung & Xiaomi
- Here are the Camera Samples from the Galaxy Note 10
- Typhoon Lekima Affects More Than 6 Million People in China
- Vikings get kicker/punter Kaare Vedvik in trade with Ravens
- LG G8X Expected To Launch At IFA 2019
- National Football League won't budge as Antonio Brown threatens to sit over helmet
- Maguire catches Mourinho’s eye on Man United debut
- 'No need' for German Amazon subsidy: Brazil's Bolsonaro
- Man City's reserves could win title, says Mourinho
- Trump Administration Makes it Easier to Deny Gov't Assistance for Immigrants