The shocking video comes after previous crashes involving cars with autopilot.
Russian businessman Alexey Tretyakov, along with his two children were present in the auto, who were all severely injured, the Electrek reported on Sunday. This isn't the first Tesla vehicle to crash, burst into flames, or explode - but this is one of the downsides to battery-based vehicles.More news: Mahesh Bhupathi named captain for India-Pakistan Davis Cup tie
Tesla has long stood by safety claims for its electric vehicles, repeatedly reminding owners that Autopilot is "intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any time".
However, the company also says its automatic emergency breaking feature is "designed to automatically engage the brakes to reduce the impact of an unavoidable frontal collision".More news: THE MORNING SHOW Official Teaser Trailer (HD) Steve Carrell, Jennifer Aniston
A Tesla vehicle rammed into a tow truck in Moscow, Russian broadcaster Zvezda reported on Sunday, publishing footage of the incident. Seconds later, another explosion occurs. The Tesla driver stated that he failed to see the two truck before colliding directly with it.
He said: "I was going along Moscow Ring road in the left lane with a speed of 100kph (62mph) and did not notice a parked GAZelle tow truck".
Joe Young, media relations associate for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), demonstrates a front crash prevention test on a 2018 Tesla Model 3 at the IIHS-HLDI Vehicle Research Center in Ruckersville, Virginia, U.S., July 22, 2019.More news: All The Ways To Buy The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 In Australia
In response to the release of the documents, Tesla defended the Model 3 safety claims, arguing that they were based on the NHTSA's data.
- Nationals' win ends Mets streak at eight
- Bolton says U.S. ready to negotiate post-Brexit trade pact
- Birthday girl Sara Ali Khan once weighed 96 kgs
- Here are the Camera Samples from the Galaxy Note 10
- Asian stocks in mixed mood over the trade agreement perspective
- Maguire catches Mourinho’s eye on Man United debut
- French ministers seek probe into late accused United States pedophile Jeffrey Epstein
- Canadian teen Andreescu wins Toronto title after tearful Serena Williams retires
- Mohamed Salah makes injured fan's day with photo opportunity
- The Hunt Release Canceled by Universal Pictures