The shocking video comes after previous crashes involving cars with autopilot.
Russian businessman Alexey Tretyakov, along with his two children were present in the auto, who were all severely injured, the Electrek reported on Sunday. This isn't the first Tesla vehicle to crash, burst into flames, or explode - but this is one of the downsides to battery-based vehicles.More news: DOJ: Friend of Dayton shooter to face federal charges
Tesla has long stood by safety claims for its electric vehicles, repeatedly reminding owners that Autopilot is "intended for use with a fully attentive driver, who has their hands on the wheel and is prepared to take over at any time".
However, the company also says its automatic emergency breaking feature is "designed to automatically engage the brakes to reduce the impact of an unavoidable frontal collision".More news: Environmentalists warn Trump 'weakening' endangered species protections
A Tesla vehicle rammed into a tow truck in Moscow, Russian broadcaster Zvezda reported on Sunday, publishing footage of the incident. Seconds later, another explosion occurs. The Tesla driver stated that he failed to see the two truck before colliding directly with it.
He said: "I was going along Moscow Ring road in the left lane with a speed of 100kph (62mph) and did not notice a parked GAZelle tow truck".
Joe Young, media relations associate for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), demonstrates a front crash prevention test on a 2018 Tesla Model 3 at the IIHS-HLDI Vehicle Research Center in Ruckersville, Virginia, U.S., July 22, 2019.More news: Asian stocks in mixed mood over the trade agreement perspective
In response to the release of the documents, Tesla defended the Model 3 safety claims, arguing that they were based on the NHTSA's data.
- Missy Elliott to receive Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at 2019 VMAs
- French ministers seek probe into late accused United States pedophile Jeffrey Epstein
- Three Congolese doctors arrested in connection with World Health Organization official's death
- All The Ways To Buy The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 In Australia
- Mahesh Bhupathi named captain for India-Pakistan Davis Cup tie
- Bolton says U.S. ready to negotiate post-Brexit trade pact
- THE MORNING SHOW Official Teaser Trailer (HD) Steve Carrell, Jennifer Aniston
- Maguire catches Mourinho’s eye on Man United debut
- Canadian teen Andreescu wins Toronto title after tearful Serena Williams retires
- Raptors open and get rings against Zion and more schedule notes