The tweet from Nightdive Studios is incredibly brief and serves only to confirm the existence of an Enhanced Edition for System Shock 2.
Nightdive Studios not only has to fulfill the promise of remaking System Shock, that was delayed, but now is working on remastering System Shock 2. Blood: Fresh Supply, Forsaken Remastered, Turok Remaster and System Shock: Enhanced Edition are some of them. However, with this news it could mean that System Shock remake is nearly ready to be released.More news: Google brings fingerprint authentication to Google websites on Android
Developed at Looking Glass Studios, System Shock 2's lead designer was Ken Levine, who went on to create Bioshock. While System Shock: Enhanced Edition had a laundry list of updates, none of those really apply to System Shock 2 - other than perhaps updated resolutions and official mod support. It'll likely be a few years since the System Shock remake is expected to release in 2020, though that could change at some point. System Shock 2 is one of the most influential immersive sims of all time, but quite frankly some parts of it just haven't aged well, especially its often un-intuitive skill tree.
Nightdive is a studio primarily focused on bringing back forgotten titles to a modern market.More news: Birthday girl Sara Ali Khan once weighed 96 kgs
After hearing about the Enhanced Edition of System Shock 2, what are your thoughts?More news: Fortnite World Champ "Bugha" swatted during Sunday livestream
- Mohamed Salah makes injured fan's day with photo opportunity
- Warning issued for Apple's 1.4 billion iPad and iPhone users
- All The Ways To Buy The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 In Australia
- No stopping Hur as Mi-jung wins Ladies Scottish Open
- Nike rolls out a subscription service for kids’ sneakers
- Canadian police reveal cause of death of teen killers
- Environmentalists warn Trump 'weakening' endangered species protections
- Asian stocks in mixed mood over the trade agreement perspective
- Hong Kong Int'l Airport reopens, USA warns China not to intervene
- This is how ransomware could infect your digital camera