Social media has been thrown into a state of shock after news trickled in yesterday- August 12 that Ivorian biggest music export, DJ Arafat has kicked the bucked after he rammed his motorcycle into a auto in Abidjan, killing him instantly.
The artist died as a result of serious injuries he sustained during the accident.More news: Antonio Brown loses his grievance but says he'll return to the Raiders
According to information and photos circulating on social networks, DJ Arafat was riding a motorcycle when he rammed into a auto. Fellow Ivory Coat musician Ickx Fontaine told AFP that the country was in shock.
Ivorian Culture Minister Maurice Kouakou Bandaman gave his condolences to DJ Arafat's family and fans, adding that he planned to pay homage to his life and career.More news: Nike rolls out a subscription service for kids’ sneakers
AFP reporters at the Abidjan hospital where he died said that within hours of the reports being shared, around 1,000 fans had gathered outside, weeping and chanting "Arafat can not die". His mother was a well-known singer and his father a prominent sound engineer, one music manager said.
"He had a natural charisma", said Ozone, a hip hop producer and television host.More news: Asian stocks in mixed mood over the trade agreement perspective
- Liverpool's Alisson out injured for 'next few weeks', says Klopp
- $500K in property stolen from A-Rod's vehicle
- This is how ransomware could infect your digital camera
- Mohamed Salah makes injured fan's day with photo opportunity
- System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Announced
- Increasing heat, humidity expected today, thunderstorms in store Tuesday
- No stopping Hur as Mi-jung wins Ladies Scottish Open
- Google brings fingerprint authentication to Google websites on Android
- Body found in hunt for missing teen Nora Quoirin
- 5 dead in Pennsylvania fire