Social media has been thrown into a state of shock after news trickled in yesterday- August 12 that Ivorian biggest music export, DJ Arafat has kicked the bucked after he rammed his motorcycle into a auto in Abidjan, killing him instantly.
The artist died as a result of serious injuries he sustained during the accident.More news: Canadian teen Andreescu wins Toronto title after tearful Serena Williams retires
According to information and photos circulating on social networks, DJ Arafat was riding a motorcycle when he rammed into a auto. Fellow Ivory Coat musician Ickx Fontaine told AFP that the country was in shock.
Ivorian Culture Minister Maurice Kouakou Bandaman gave his condolences to DJ Arafat's family and fans, adding that he planned to pay homage to his life and career.More news: Mohamed Salah makes injured fan's day with photo opportunity
AFP reporters at the Abidjan hospital where he died said that within hours of the reports being shared, around 1,000 fans had gathered outside, weeping and chanting "Arafat can not die". His mother was a well-known singer and his father a prominent sound engineer, one music manager said.
"He had a natural charisma", said Ozone, a hip hop producer and television host.More news: Woman found dead, man arrested after major police operation in Sydney CBD
- Hong Kong Int'l Airport reopens, USA warns China not to intervene
- Missy Elliott to receive Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at 2019 VMAs
- Nora Quoirin: More than £100,000 raised for missing teen
- Raptors open and get rings against Zion and more schedule notes
- Fortnite World Champ "Bugha" swatted during Sunday livestream
- $500K in property stolen from A-Rod's vehicle
- French ministers seek probe into late accused United States pedophile Jeffrey Epstein
- Birthday girl Sara Ali Khan once weighed 96 kgs
- Google brings fingerprint authentication to Google websites on Android
- Increasing heat, humidity expected today, thunderstorms in store Tuesday