Ivan Perisic is on the brink of completing his move to Bayern Munich from Inter Milan after passing his medical.
In light of the news, Bayern have pursued other avenues and are nearing the season-long loan signing of Perisic from Inter Milan, according to German newspaper Bild.
He said in July on the back of a 1-0 International Champions Cup defeat to Manchester United: "We're working with him, but his response isn't positive".More news: Janhavi turns Emotional on Sridevi's birthday, remembers her by this post!
The 30-year-old has always been linked with a move away from Serie A side Inter and is expected to join Bayern on an initial season-long loan move, with an option to make the deal permanent next year. Bayern would need to pay an extra €21m at the end of the season to make the move permanent.
Perisic scored 37 goals in his time at Inter.
Bayern were eager to sign the Croatian after their deal to sign Leroy Sane from Manchester City fell apart after his injury.More news: Tesla Model 3 auto explodes after hitting truck in Moscow
The winger has been the subject of much transfer debate, and almost joined Manchester United during the era of Jose Mourinho, who wanted an experienced yet pacy option in his side.
As for Bayern, the Bavarians have been looking for replacements for Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, and might just have found one in the form of the 30-year-old Perisic.More news: Nora Quoirin: More than £100,000 raised for missing teen
- Manchester City opens Premier League title defense by bossing West Ham
- Warning issued for Apple's 1.4 billion iPad and iPhone users
- Friends Is Heading to Movie Theaters for Its 25th Anniversary
- Queen, despite Epstein scandal behind Prince Andrew - view
- THE MORNING SHOW Official Teaser Trailer (HD) Steve Carrell, Jennifer Aniston
- Body found in hunt for missing teen Nora Quoirin
- System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Announced
- No stopping Hur as Mi-jung wins Ladies Scottish Open
- Eddie Jones: Scott Barrett's red card 'ridiculous'
- Popular Ivorian singer, DJ Arafat is dead