Ivan Perisic is on the brink of completing his move to Bayern Munich from Inter Milan after passing his medical.
In light of the news, Bayern have pursued other avenues and are nearing the season-long loan signing of Perisic from Inter Milan, according to German newspaper Bild.
He said in July on the back of a 1-0 International Champions Cup defeat to Manchester United: "We're working with him, but his response isn't positive".More news: Liverpool's Alisson out injured for 'next few weeks', says Klopp
The 30-year-old has always been linked with a move away from Serie A side Inter and is expected to join Bayern on an initial season-long loan move, with an option to make the deal permanent next year. Bayern would need to pay an extra €21m at the end of the season to make the move permanent.
Perisic scored 37 goals in his time at Inter.
Bayern were eager to sign the Croatian after their deal to sign Leroy Sane from Manchester City fell apart after his injury.More news: CNN’s PR Head Responds To Cuomo ‘Fredo’ Meltdown. Trump Jr. Nukes Him
The winger has been the subject of much transfer debate, and almost joined Manchester United during the era of Jose Mourinho, who wanted an experienced yet pacy option in his side.
As for Bayern, the Bavarians have been looking for replacements for Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, and might just have found one in the form of the 30-year-old Perisic.More news: Hong Kong Int'l Airport reopens, USA warns China not to intervene
- Woman found dead, man arrested after major police operation in Sydney CBD
- No stopping Hur as Mi-jung wins Ladies Scottish Open
- Apple expands bug bounty programme to all devices
- Tesla Model 3 auto explodes after hitting truck in Moscow
- THE MORNING SHOW Official Teaser Trailer (HD) Steve Carrell, Jennifer Aniston
- Argentina opposition set to defeat Macri after big primary upset
- Nike rolls out a subscription service for kids’ sneakers
- 5 dead in Pennsylvania fire
- System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Announced
- Popular Ivorian singer, DJ Arafat is dead