MTV announced on Monday that Elliott, a producer, rapper, singer and songwriter who has won five Grammys, will add the Video Vanguard Award - traditionally called the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award - to her pile of honors.
Elliott will also perform on the show, in her first VMA appearance since 2006.More news: Martin Brundle warns Alex Albon about Red Bull move
The Get Ur Freak On songstress posted a picture of herself in an astronaut suit ala the VMA trophies as she added: "I am crying happy tears".
Missy Elliott just worked her way to a major new honor.More news: Maguire catches Mourinho’s eye on Man United debut
Missy joins past Video Vanguard honorees including Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Beyoncé, Kanye West, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, and Jennifer Lopez, who received the award a year ago.
'Her creative vision across production, performance and songwriting is unmatched'. She is a five-time Grammy victor and the first female hip-hop artist to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
Missy is a five-time Grammy victor who has sold over 30 million records worldwide.
The 2019 VMAs will air on MTV on August 26 at 8 p.m. ET.More news: Environmentalists warn Trump 'weakening' endangered species protections
- Trump Administration Makes it Easier to Deny Gov't Assistance for Immigrants
- Canadian police reveal cause of death of teen killers
- BTS Announces Official Period Of Rest For Members
- All The Ways To Buy The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 In Australia
- The Hunt Release Canceled by Universal Pictures
- 'The Crown' season 3 release date confirmed by Netflix
- Hobbs & Shaw repeats at No
- Vikings get kicker/punter Kaare Vedvik in trade with Ravens
- Mahesh Bhupathi named captain for India-Pakistan Davis Cup tie
- Scaramucci: Trump's Policies Good; His Rhetoric Isn't