As Polygon reports, the Super Duper Graphics Pack was first announced by developer Mojang back at E3 2017. It didn't arrive that year either, however, leaving Minecraft fans to wonder what had happened to the project. The graphics update has since been in development for the past two years and has provided extremely challenging for the developers, as numerous delays have had to go underway.
Minecraft developer here. The Graphics Team is still hard at work on this (it ended up being a ton more work than initially anticipated).More news: Perisic set to sign for Bayern Munich
In their official statement, Mojang said the pack was too demanding, technically speaking, and could not be implemented uniformly across all systems. However, you can play the game on such a wide-range of hardware, all of which have very different hardware and levels of performance, that attempting to get Minecraft looking "super duper" on all of them was always going to prove very hard. Mojang was not happy with it, so they scrapped it. As such, they have stopped development on the pack and are looking into alternate ways for gamers to experience Minecraft with a new look. Considering this pack was announced as a way to showcase the power of Scorpio (Xbox One X) and that it will now never see the light of day, to say it's disappointing, is a bit of an understatement.
The news comes in the wake of Minecraft's recent announcement of the upcoming Minecraft Dungeons, which will incorporate the Minecraft game with a fun dungeon-crawling experience and more role-playing elements.More news: Taylor Swift Releasing Fourth Lover Song and to Perform on SiriusXM
Mojang added that it was not entirely finished with improving the look of Minecraft on different game-playing gadgets and said it would share more information about this work soon.More news: Cowboys' Dak Prescott turning down over $30M per season?
- Sebastian Telfair was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison
- Liam Hemsworth addresses Miley Cyrus split on Instagram
- Knife-wielding man goes on stabbing rampage in Sydney; body found
- 16-year-old Fortnite champion 'swatted' while livestreaming
- Missing dentures found stuck in throat 8 days after surgery
- Boris Johnson criticises European Union lack of cooperation on Brexit deal
- CNN’s PR Head Responds To Cuomo ‘Fredo’ Meltdown. Trump Jr. Nukes Him
- Argentina opposition set to defeat Macri after big primary upset
- Ebola cure? Scientists discover two highly effective drugs
- WhatsApp's fingerprint unlock feature arrives on Android in latest beta