Local boy Billy Sharp came off the bench for Sheffield United to earn a share of the spoils in their first Premier League game since 2007 as they drew 1-1 t Bournemouth.
"At times, we were a bit sloppy in the first half, but once the second goal went in, I thought the boys were brilliant", Sterling said.
SunSport, in their report added that visiting fans sang "What the f*** is going on" in the process of checking the authenticity of one of City's goals. The last three opening games have seen them lose 4-0 to both Manchester United and Liverpool and now 5-0 to City.More news: Mohamed Salah makes injured fan's day with photo opportunity
Manchester City will play their first home game of the season next Saturday when they host Tottenham Hotspur. "But I know the special quality of the player, the consistent physicality and the finishing".
The Video Assistant Referee system, previously used in England in the FA and League Cups, is supposed to eradicate any doubt that the right decision was taken over goals, penalties and other key moments. And that's what has happened here, as their win over West Ham was their 15th straight in the Premier League. They hadn't, instead VAR had ruled out a City goal.
The visitors led at the break thanks to Gabriel Jesus' opener, but moved through the gears after the break as Sterling scored twice in 14 minutes.More news: Raptors open and get rings against Zion and more schedule notes
"We are going to have to play with our hands chopped off in future". However, VAR came into action again, requiring the spot-kick to be retaken as Declan Rice appeared to have encroached the area before clearing the ball after Fabianski's initial save. "When it's offside it's offside, when it's a penalty it's a penalty", Guardiola said. Most goals in a season, most wins in a season, highest ever points total, highest ever goal difference, earliest the title has ever been won. you name it, City have probably broken it since Pep Guardiola took over.
Guardiola's side returned to the top of the Premier League with their comprehensive victory, leapfrogging Liverpool, who beat Norwich 4-1 at Anfield in the 2019-20 curtain-raiser on Friday.
The final two goals were also created by Paul Pogba, who spent most of the summer being linked with a move to Real Madrid after publicly declaring his wish for a "new challenge".More news: Nike rolls out a subscription service for kids’ sneakers
- Fortnite World Champ "Bugha" swatted during Sunday livestream
- Hong Kong airport reopens as Trudeau urges China to address 'serious concerns'
- Canadian teen Andreescu wins Toronto title after tearful Serena Williams retires
- Birthday girl Sara Ali Khan once weighed 96 kgs
- No stopping Hur as Mi-jung wins Ladies Scottish Open
- Environmentalists warn Trump 'weakening' endangered species protections
- Apple expands bug bounty programme to all devices
- Tesla Model 3 auto explodes after hitting truck in Moscow
- Asian stocks in mixed mood over the trade agreement perspective
- Myanmar landslide toll climbs to 59