Liverpool kicked off their season with a convincing 4-1 win over Norwich City, but there was one particular issue that will be a worry as their number 1 goalkeeper Alisson was injured in the game and had to be replaced by new signing Adrian.
However, Kelleher is working his way back to full match fitness after recovering from a wrist fracture and Klopp has indicated he will hand a short-term deal to Andy Lonergan.More news: This is how ransomware could infect your digital camera
Jurgen Klopp has this evening revealed that Liverpool intend to sign free agent goalkeeper Andy Lonergan imminently.
"Obviously when a keeper has to come off, it's never too promising, so yes, I think everyone needs to get their head around [the fact] that he probably will be our keeper for the next few weeks and if so, then we have to live with that, embrace that and I'm sure he will learn from us". If Alisson is set to miss 6-8 weeks of football, he will most likely not feature in the games against both those London clubs.
Following the Super Cup match in Istanbul, Liverpool travel to Southampton for their second league match on Saturday.More news: Apple expands bug bounty programme to all devices
'We have to see how that works but that's then how we cover that situation'.
"I saw already [people saying] six weeks and stuff like this, but Ali was not a lot injured in his career, so I would like to wait a little bit to see how he develops in that process now". A prolonged absence would heighten the pressure on deputy Adrián, who left West Ham on a free at the end of last season after making 150 appearances in all competitions.
"Stay greedy. That's very important - I have no doubt about that, but it's clear that we have to do that", Klopp told UEFA.com when asked how his side could build on that success.More news: Birthday girl Sara Ali Khan once weighed 96 kgs
- No stopping Hur as Mi-jung wins Ladies Scottish Open
- Increasing heat, humidity expected today, thunderstorms in store Tuesday
- Warning issued for Apple's 1.4 billion iPad and iPhone users
- Fortnite World Champ "Bugha" swatted during Sunday livestream
- Asian stocks in mixed mood over the trade agreement perspective
- Missy Elliott to receive Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at 2019 VMAs
- Manchester City opens Premier League title defense by bossing West Ham
- Environmentalists warn Trump 'weakening' endangered species protections
- System Shock 2 Enhanced Edition Announced
- Hong Kong airport reopens as Trudeau urges China to address 'serious concerns'