The couple announced their breakup in a statement exclusively to PEOPLE on Saturday, just seven months after tying the knot.
Now however, Liam has posted about the break up directly, confirming the news and asking for privacy.
"Liam and Miley have agreed to separate at this time", her rep told PEOPLE. Ever-evolving, changing as partners and individuals, they have decided this for the best while they both focus on themselves and careers. Now, Liam took to social media to share a heartfelt post wishing health and happiness for Miley. "Any reported quotes attributed to me are false", The Hunger Games actor said.More news: Friends Is Heading to Movie Theaters for Its 25th Anniversary
Speaking from Byron Bay in NSW where he has been hiding from the spotlight at his brother Chris Hemsworth's $4.3 million home, the 29-year-old said yesterday that he has been finding life tough away from the former Disney actor.More news: Popular Ivorian singer, DJ Arafat is dead
Liam and Miley met on the set of movie "The Last Song" in 2009 and had an on/off romance before he popped the question in 2012. The couple got married in December 2018 in a formal ceremony, attended by close friends and family. "Don't fight evolution, because you will never win". Photos also showcase that Miley has moved on with Kaitlynn Carter as the two ladies were seen packing on some PDA during their weekend getaway to Lake Como.
A separate source says, 'They have been trying to make it work for months now'.
The latest from PEOPLE is that Miley "really fought to make it work" and "wanted to go to therapy", with the USA publication also revealing the pair had been separated for months before the announcement in August.More news: Manchester City opens Premier League title defense by bossing West Ham
- Hong Kong Int'l Airport reopens, USA warns China not to intervene
- Liverpool's Alisson out injured for 'next few weeks', says Klopp
- Nike rolls out a subscription service for kids’ sneakers
- 5 dead in Pennsylvania fire
- Eddie Jones: Scott Barrett's red card 'ridiculous'
- Apple expands bug bounty programme to all devices
- Norway mosque attack: Bruised suspect Manshaus appears in court
- No stopping Hur as Mi-jung wins Ladies Scottish Open
- Perisic set to sign for Bayern Munich
- Antonio Brown loses his grievance but says he'll return to the Raiders