Temperatures will be much cooler with highs only in the low 80s on Wednesday and Thursday. The Storm Prediction Center has included a heightened risk (enhanced) for a portion of western IN overnight while a large portion of IL and IN are out-looked as a slight risk as well.
Storms look to fire first across the northern half of our area during the early afternoon hours.
Some thunder is also possible, but no severe weather is expected. Highs will be in the mid-to-upper 80s.More news: THE MORNING SHOW Official Teaser Trailer (HD) Steve Carrell, Jennifer Aniston
There is a chance of precipitation overnight into Tuesday morning, when the possibility of showers and thunderstorms becomes more likely, according to the weather service. If a storm gets fired up along that boundary, it may possibly produce a tornado, strong winds, and hail during the afternoon. The more showers we see early, the lower severe potential later in the day. Damaging winds and large hail are the main threats, the National Weather Service said in a Hazardous Weather Statement issued Monday morning. A few showers are possible overnight, into the Monday morning commute as well.
Download the CBS 58 Ready Weather App to track any rain that does form.
Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with leftover AM showers, then clearing skies.More news: Raptors open and get rings against Zion and more schedule notes
Conditions remain to be mostly dry and calm through Wednesday.
Areas of 1-2 inches of rainfall are expected but forecasters warn that some areas could see as much as 5 inches of rain from the storms. Low temperatures dip just below 70-degrees.
Stay "Weather Smart" with the FOX43 Weather Team all week long!More news: Hong Kong airport reopens as Trudeau urges China to address 'serious concerns'
- Asian stocks in mixed mood over the trade agreement perspective
- Myanmar landslide toll climbs to 59
- Hong Kong Int'l Airport reopens, USA warns China not to intervene
- Birthday girl Sara Ali Khan once weighed 96 kgs
- All The Ways To Buy The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 In Australia
- Here are the Camera Samples from the Galaxy Note 10
- Warning issued for Apple's 1.4 billion iPad and iPhone users
- French ministers seek probe into late accused United States pedophile Jeffrey Epstein
- Bolton says U.S. ready to negotiate post-Brexit trade pact
- This is how ransomware could infect your digital camera