An own goal by Watford midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure and second-half strikes by forwards Florin Andone and Neal Maupay gave Brighton & Hove Albion a superb 3-0 victory in their Premier League opener at Vicarage Road on Saturday.
Huddersfield head coach Jan Siewert said: "Aaron was adamant that he wanted to test himself again in the Premier League when Brighton's interest came in, and we didn't want an issue where we had a disillusioned player on the pitch in the final year of his contract".
"I'm looking forward to working with him".
"He's a great guy and a top goalkeeper. a top professional", Mooy said.More news: US delays tariffs on some Chinese goods, drops others
Mooy has been a stand-out player for Huddersfield in the last two seasons, registering seven goals and four assists over 65 top-flight games, and is set to return to the Premier League following the Terriers' relegation to the Championship.
"He has played very well over the past two seasons in the Premier League, and will bring a different option and added competition to our midfield", Potter said. "He is another good addition to our squad ahead of the new season".
Mooy played in Town's opening Championship fixture of the season against Derby County on Monday night as they lost 2-1 to the East Midlands side.More news: Argentina opposition set to defeat Macri after big primary upset
Former Tottenham junior Luongo, who has 42 caps with the Socceroos, has moved to Wednesday for an undisclosed fee, becoming the Yorkshire club's fifth signing of the closed season.
"Credit to QPR and Wednesday - I'm just pleased to get it over the line", the 26-year-old from Sydney told the Wednesday website.
"We're not ideal and we're not going to get too carried away and we won't get too carried away when we don't have a good day".
"I thought he took his goal well and Florian took his goal well".More news: Eddie Murphy lights up the trailer for Netflix's 'Dolemite Is My Name'
- Knife-wielding man goes on stabbing rampage in Sydney; body found
- Norway mosque attack: Bruised suspect Manshaus appears in court
- Britain Sends Warship To Persian Gulf
- Six candidates short-listed for India's head coach's job, Shastri also in fray
- Boris Johnson criticises European Union lack of cooperation on Brexit deal
- Cuccinelli Edits Lazarus Poem To Justify 'Public Charge' Rule
- Friends Is Heading to Movie Theaters for Its 25th Anniversary
- W Series winner Chadwick ready to climb ladder towards F1
- UN probing 35 North Korean cyberattacks in 17 countries
- WhatsApp's fingerprint unlock feature arrives on Android in latest beta