Since winning the Fortnite tournament and walking away with an incredible $3 million (£2.4 million), Bugha has already faced hackers targeting his social media accounts - but this is the first (and hopefully only) time he's been swatted.
Last weekend, Fortnite World Cup champion Kyle "Bugha" Giersdorf was swatted while streaming the battle royale game live on Twitch, as reported by Dexerto.
He later said he had been "swatted" - where someone makes a hoax report so the special weapons and tactics (Swat) police raid a target's house.
A clip of the stream shows Giersdorf abruptly exit the camera's view, indicating the moment his father alerted him to the armed police at the door.More news: Queen, despite Epstein scandal behind Prince Andrew - view
"They come in with guns, bro", Bugha said. A subsequent clip captured the streamer's return and explanation of events: "Yeah, I got swatted".
Caught up in Fortnite's frantic pace, Miller and Walsh didn't register what Gierdorf had said, leaving them to wonder why he appeared to have abandoned them in the middle of a game. "Jesus Christ, the internet's f**king insane".
Burga adds that he was lucky, as apparently one of the officers on call for the incident lived in his local neighbourhood and recognised him.
Werner said the entire incident only lasted about a half-hour, but involved lots of resources.More news: Manchester City opens Premier League title defense by bossing West Ham
Police told ESPN that they believed the call came from Europe but did not provide any other details on the suspected "swatter".
The Upper Pottsgrove Township Police Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment from NBC News.
Tyler Rai Barriss, of Los Angeles, pleaded guilty in November to a total of 51 charges stemming from phony emergency calls he made, including one count of making a false report resulting in death. Finch answered the door, and an officer shot the unarmed man. The caller was sentenced to 20 years in prison.More news: Cowboys' Dak Prescott turning down over $30M per season?
- Google brings fingerprint authentication to Google websites on Android
- Britain Sends Warship To Persian Gulf
- Norway mosque attack: Bruised suspect Manshaus appears in court
- Argentina opposition set to defeat Macri after big primary upset
- Janhavi turns Emotional on Sridevi's birthday, remembers her by this post!
- Nora Quoirin: More than £100,000 raised for missing teen
- Antonio Brown loses his grievance but says he'll return to the Raiders
- Sebastian Telfair was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison
- Woman found dead, man arrested after major police operation in Sydney CBD
- Eddie Murphy lights up the trailer for Netflix's 'Dolemite Is My Name'