It will be a battle of Eagles tonight at the Al Salam Stadium in Cairo as Nigeria's Super Eagles tussle with the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia in the third place match of the 32nd Africa Cup of Nations finals.
The first of those successes came in 1978 against Tunisia in a match abandoned just before half-time when the north Africans stormed off to protest a disputed Nigerian equaliser.
Star Man - He could only manage 45 minutes after suffering an unfortunate hamstring injury at the tail end of the first half, but nevertheless, Odion Ighalo reaffirmed his importance to Rohr's side with a clinical finish.More news: Apple, Google continue inclusive push with new emojis
Tunisia's Ferjani Sassi who missed last Sunday's game has returned and will play in this game alongside Slite and Khazri who did not have a good game against Senegal. It was a very good game since both Nigeria and Algeria had very good teams.
"They are the second highest ranked team in Africa and we are behind them". In the entire event, Tunisia has only won 1 match in regular time which was their quarterfinal victory against Madagascar.
Having gone into extra time twice so far, coach Alain Giresse accepts his side might be struggling with fatigue, suggesting Nigeria may have a physical edge on Wednesday.More news: Star Trek could be the final film by Quentin Tarantino
"Of course, we wanted to reach the final, but now we focus on the third-place match".
"That is life for you and I have no regrets in the selection and we have to move on", he explained before the media at the pre match conference yesterday afternoon. "I'm still under contract for another year and we'll see what happens after that", said the German, whose side was the youngest in Russian Federation last summer. We want to finish well.
Even though he was a little quieter than usual against Senegal, Khazri was still one of Tunisia's more threatening players, creating three opportunities. "A wonderful free-kick made the difference".More news: Five years on, flight MH17 families call for justice
"Gernot has taken us to the semi-final, the target we set for him".
- House Votes to Condemn Trump Tweets
- Kelly hearings in separate federal cases
- US Marks 50th Years Since Historic Apollo 11 Mission to Moon
- Amid Amazon's Prime Day, eBay launches ‘crash sale’ on series of items
- One direction: Brexit-hit pound facing gravity of parity
- Cardi B's 'Hustlers' Movie Role & Trailer Appearance Is A Mood
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 just got the ideal release date
- Leonardo DiCaprio Gets Asked About the Titanic Door Controversy
- UK Inflation Steady At BoE Target
- AI algorithm solves Rubik's Cube in less than a second