James has developed the slight reputation as a "coach killer" over the course of his National Basketball Association career, but it doesn't sound like this was any sort of power play from the Warner Brothers film's leading man. Deadline.com reported the departure was "amicable" as there reportedly were issues over the movie's creative vision.
Filming on Space Jam 2 has only just begun, but there's already been a change in director. Lee's recent credits include "Girls Trip", "Night School" and "Barbershop: The Final Cut".More news: Austin Butler Cast as Elvis Presley in Biopic
"Black Panther" director Ryan Coogler came on board as a producer on the "Space Jam" sequel previous year and the state of California has made a $21.8 million conditional tax credit allocation for the project.
Though the long-awaited sequel won't feature Steph Curry, Kevin Durant or James Harden, the film has landed an impressive roster so far with the Portland Trailblazers' Damian Lillard, New Orleans Pelicans' Anthony Davis, and Golden State Warriors' Klay Thompson.More news: Federal Judge Curtailed Damages Award Bayer AG by $25.27 Million
Space Jam 2 went into production earlier this summer. Don Cheadle, of Iron Man and Avengers fame, also stars, as does Sonequa Martin-Green of Star Trek: Discovery.
- 'Game of Thrones' earns a record-breaking 32 Emmy nods
- Toni Nadal: It was better for Rafael that Djokovic won Wimbledon
- Amazon Prime Days bring out waves of unhappy employees
- Destiny 2 Finishing Moves Are Not Just For Show
- Justice Department won’t charge New York officer in Eric Garner’s death
- Peter Thiel says Central Intelligence Agency and FBI should investigate Google
- Trump mulls ousting Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross
- Bali quake sparks panic, shakes buildings
- Neymar reaffirms desire to leave PSG amid Barcelona links
- Real Madrid agree €50m deal to sell star to rival club