James is now on holiday after playing for Colombia at the Copa America in Brazil and is awaiting news from his agent Jorge Mendes that Real and Napoli have agreed terms. However, the latest reports indicate that there could be a twist in the tale as the Serie A club and Real are struggling to come to an agreement on the terms of his deal, with the Italian club apparently after an initial loan while Real want €42 million (R659 million).More news: Molinari knows odds are against him at British Open
According to Calciomercato (via AS), Real president Florentino Perez was incredibly unimpressed with De Laurentiis' comments, and he has now given Napoli a deadline until Thursday 18 July to strike a deal for Rodriguez, or else they will end negotiations. We only need to fight.
Amid the problems between Napoli and Real, Marca have also reported that Rodriguez could somewhat sensationally join Real's crosstown rivals Atletico Madrid.More news: Aids-related deaths have increased by 5% in eastern Europe, central Asia
Real Madrid have given Napoli until the middle of the week at the latest to improve their offer for James Rodríguez, says Italian media outlet Calciomercato.com, as Los Blancos seek a fee of just over 40 million euros for the Colombia worldwide. Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane does not see Rodriguez as part of his plan for the coming season and he wants him sold in a bid to generate fund for him to sign his main targets before the end of the summer transfer.
Do you think Real should sell Rodriguez to rivals Atletico?More news: Microsoft Software Declared Illegal in German Schools Due to Privacy Issues
- ‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Veep,’ ‘Big Bang,’ Seeking Final Emmy Nods
- Giants edge Rockies to sweep doubleheader
- 'Game of Thrones' earns a record-breaking 32 Emmy nods
- MVP Antentokounmpo gives baseball a shot at Yankee Stadium
- Netanyahu condemns his minister's remarks on gays
- Duterte outlaws misogynistic behavior, despite long history of public rape jokes
- Twitter redesign is faster, cleaner and includes new color themes
- Amazon Prime Days bring out waves of unhappy employees
- NASA Technician Recalls Apollo 11 Work on Launch Anniversary
- Love Island ends on a huge cliffhanger as show delivers killer twist