So we have our Invisible Man, the main cast, the writer/director and an idea of what the story could be about.
"Throughout cinematic history Universal's classic monsters have been reinvented through the prism of each new filmmaker that brings these characters to life", Peter Cramer, Universal's President of Production, said in a previous statement. Stay tuned to Dead Entertainment for all the latest news and updates on this film as well as the Universal Monsters franchise as a whole. Blumhouse execs were reportedly blown away by his performance in Hill House, and after his sympathetic turn in that series, it'll be interesting to see what he does with a villainous role.More news: Matthijs de Ligt to Juventus: De Ligt out of Ajax tour squad
The Invisible Man is set to go into production this month, so casting decisions were expected very soon, but Deadline reports the choice has been made. Sadly, these creatures have gone through failed attempts to revive or modernize their stories, but with the horror genre going through a very successful phase, Universal's Dark Universe is getting another chance, and next in line is a reboot of The Invisible Man. It's not dependent on special effects, CGI, stunts. It's super character-driven, it's really compelling, it's trilling, it's edgy, it feels new. The Haunting of Hill House star Oliver Jackson-Cohen has just been cast as the Invisible Man in the upcoming Leigh Whannell film. Those were all things that felt like they fit with what our company does. Previously, that mantle was held by Johnny Depp.
Finally, we get a look at The Invisible Man. Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid's Tale), Storm Reid (A Wrinkle In Time, 12 Years a Slave), Aldis Hodge (Clemency, Straight Outta Compton), and Harriet Dyer (The InBetween) will star.More news: "Old Town Road" singer, Lil Nas X, headlining TwitchCon
The "Invisible Man" releases in theaters on March 13, 2020.More news: Minecraft Earth en route in private beta
- Irina Shayk Still Believe In Marriage After Bradley Cooper Split
- Geraint Thomas loses time to rivals after crash on Tour de France
- Super 30 Day 2 in overseas
- Jeffrey Epstein: prosecutors accuse financier of witness tampering
- Leak claims Trump scrapped Iran nuclear deal to spite Obama
- SANDF troops undergo 'mission readiness training' ahead of deployment in Cape Town
- Sudan military stop attempted coup, arrest involved security officers
- Amir Khan beats Billy Dib to claim WBC international welterweight title
- Widespread Manhattan Power Outage Causes Broadway Cancellations and Delays
- Wide Amber Alert issued for 18-month-old Dallas boy