I suppose it's possible that Slack could have picked up three million users over the past five months although given its growth curve over the past several years, it seems unlikely. "Joining the Microsoft Teams certification process is a clear indicator of our intention to provide best-in-class experience, compatibility and reliability in the unified communications market".More news: Amir Khan beats Billy Dib to claim WBC international welterweight title
Microsoft Teams now has over 13 million daily active users.
For frontline workers, Microsoft introduced a feature that allows employees to clock into work and swap shifts. Team owners can also message everyone from the same role with a single @ mention. Today, it is rolling out what it's calling "announcements", which allows important news to be highlighted in a channel.
At the top of the list is the introduction of prioritized communications, including priority notifications and read receipts. In March Microsoft made the product available to Office 365 subscribers on Business Essentials, Business Premium and Enterprise plans, and then in July 2018 launched a launched a free version that didn't require a subscription. Managers can use geofencing to make sure employees are on location when they clock in.
In addition, Microsoft announced new features for Teams on Thursday.More news: Special counsel Robert Mueller's hearing could be delayed
A mere two days earlier, Schuster, in a prerecorded webcast, addressed Microsoft's planned partner investments that the company will focus on during next week's annual Inspire conference in Las Vegas.
The big news is that some partners will be able to launch Teams trials for their customers. Use of Amazon Web Services and Google Docs, both of which Microsoft has competing products for, is also strongly discouraged.
"What we see is that a lot of our clients have deployed version one of their Teams, where the deployment is really nearly a straight replacement for Skype", La Palme said.
Some of the communications features coming to Teams are call recording with support for compliance recording partners ASC, NICE and Verint, which partners can add into Teams; and integration with contact-center platforms Five9, Genesys, NICE inContact and others.More news: SANDF troops undergo 'mission readiness training' ahead of deployment in Cape Town
- Minecraft Earth en route in private beta
- U.S. to hold hearing on French tax investigation Aug. 19
- Reckitt to pay $1.4 bln to end US opioid addiction treatment probes
- National Football League players’ union rejects latest proposal for 18-game season
- Jeffrey Epstein: prosecutors accuse financier of witness tampering
- Police start probe of ambassador emails 'leak'
- Manhattan 'completely dark' after NYC power cut
- Jeffrey Epstein's New Mexico ranch linked to investigation
- Simona Halep blitzes Serena Williams to win Wimbledon title
- Geraint Thomas loses time to rivals after crash on Tour de France