Authorities say a man who stole a auto with three young children inside was fatally beaten by their father and other men.
The mother and her boyfriend are cooperating with police and are being questioned by homicide detectives. She left the auto running with her 7-month-old and 1 and 5-year-olds still on the inside while she went to see their father, who works at the restaurant.
Police say she left the engine running with a 7-month-old, a 1-year-old, and a 5-year-old inside the auto. The police have been examining video footage to identify those involved in the assault of Hood. Once at the vehicle, he grabbed the auto thief and pulled him out, hitting him repeatedly.More news: Irina Shayk Still Believe In Marriage After Bradley Cooper Split
"He fled on foot about a half a block".
"The kids' father then pulled him out of the auto and beat Hood as other bystanders in the area joined the attack, according to investigators", NBC Philadelphia added.
'And the boyfriend caught up to him and there was some sort of physical struggle that ensued.More news: First confirmed case of measles in Ohio
The woman's boyfriend, the father of two of the children, managed to chase the vehicle when it got stuck in traffic. He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead. According to police and reporters, the father pulled the criminal, Hood, from the vehicle and began to punch and then kick him.
"I'm not a fan of street justice", Philadelphia Police Capt. Jason Smith said at a press conference Friday.
The city's medical examiner's office is yet to determine how the suspected carjacker died.More news: NASA Astronaut Recounts When Apollo 13 Mission Turned From Exploration to Survival
- Boeing 737 Max chief to retire amid executive shuffle
- Amazon’s music service is actually growing more quickly than Spotify
- Wide Amber Alert issued for 18-month-old Dallas boy
- Barbie doll launched to honour singer David Bowie's hit single
- Canada’s Kia Nurse named a starting guard for WNBA all-star game
- Listen to Justin Bieber hop on Billie Eilish's hit song 'Bad Guy'
- Federer prevails over Nadal, gets Djokovic in final
- Heidi Klum ties the knot with Tom Kaulitz in private ceremony
- Angela Merkel opts to sit at ceremony after third bout of shaking
- Forty-something Tiger Woods burns bright in inspiring Serena Williams