Police official Fayz Mohammad Babarkhil said the child blew himself up early on Friday at the wedding organised by Malik Toor, a commander of a pro-government militia.
The attack took place at the residence of a tribal elder in Pachir-Aw-Agam district of Nangarhar province, an official told Efe news.
The attack took attach in Nangarhar province's Pachiragam district.More news: Popular TV show Friends leaves Netflix for new HBO service
Khogyani said 40 injured victims were rushed to hospital, but local residents put the figure of those that died at 10. A spokesman for the governor of the province, Ataulla Hogyani, told Tolonews that five people were killed and more than forty got injuries.
The team has been blamed for somewhat a pair of deadly assaults in Afghanistan - including a suicide bombing at a Kabul training centre final year that killed dozens of people.
The hard-line Sunni group has targeted minority Shi'ite civilians and government security forces in deadly attacks since it emerged around 2015.More news: No More Talk, Cyprus Wants EU Sanctions Over Turkish Drilling
Direct talks between USA peace envoy Zalmay Khalilzad and the Taliban also took place last week.More news: Federer prevails over Nadal, gets Djokovic in final
- Suspending Parliament for no-deal Brexit will provoke crisis - Hammond
- Saguaro cactus impales car in Arizona crash
- This is the Mi A3, Xiaomi’s new pure Android smartphone
- Heidi Klum ties the knot with Tom Kaulitz in private ceremony
- Nigeria’s Rohr wary of much improved Algeria
- Antoine Griezmann: Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward
- Rich Energy trying to save Haas deal, blames ‘rogue’ individual
- Prime Day Preview: New MacBook Air Just $999
- Brazilian president to appoint his son as ambassador to US
- Angela Merkel opts to sit at ceremony after third bout of shaking