Police official Fayz Mohammad Babarkhil said the child blew himself up early on Friday at the wedding organised by Malik Toor, a commander of a pro-government militia.
The attack took place at the residence of a tribal elder in Pachir-Aw-Agam district of Nangarhar province, an official told Efe news.
The attack took attach in Nangarhar province's Pachiragam district.More news: First confirmed case of measles in Ohio
Khogyani said 40 injured victims were rushed to hospital, but local residents put the figure of those that died at 10. A spokesman for the governor of the province, Ataulla Hogyani, told Tolonews that five people were killed and more than forty got injuries.
The team has been blamed for somewhat a pair of deadly assaults in Afghanistan - including a suicide bombing at a Kabul training centre final year that killed dozens of people.
The hard-line Sunni group has targeted minority Shi'ite civilians and government security forces in deadly attacks since it emerged around 2015.More news: No More Talk, Cyprus Wants EU Sanctions Over Turkish Drilling
Direct talks between USA peace envoy Zalmay Khalilzad and the Taliban also took place last week.More news: Duchesses Catherine and Meghan to attend Wimbledon women's final
- Forty-something Tiger Woods burns bright in inspiring Serena Williams
- NASA Astronaut Recounts When Apollo 13 Mission Turned From Exploration to Survival
- Heidi Klum ties the knot with Tom Kaulitz in private ceremony
- US House votes to curb Trump powers to start Iran war
- Rich Energy trying to save Haas deal, blames ‘rogue’ individual
- At Vatican, empty tombs add new twist to missing girl mystery
- Marvin Brooks leaves Love Island villa
- Tottenham bid to beat Arsenal for St Etienne defender William Saliba
- Brazilian president to appoint his son as ambassador to US
- Federer prevails over Nadal, gets Djokovic in final