"I hope we can achieve in this year's edition and even if we don't do that this time we can achieve more in the future because we are a young team that includes many talents who have a brilliant future", Iwobi told AFCON's official website.
There were fears that these three players would not be fit for Nigeria's next AFCON 2019 game against Algeria, due to the knocks they suffered against South Africa. We have already mentioned how solid a defense they possess.
Oil baron, Otedola has recently been involved in a number of commendable interventions for ailing former Nigerian worldwide players, including 1980 AFCON winning team's captain, Christian Chukwuemeka Chukwu and goalkeeper Peter Fregene. In football most times, you have to earn the right to win. Ironically, the only time Algeria won the tournament was in 1990 when they defeated Nigeria 1-0 in the final on home soil.More news: Saguaro cactus impales car in Arizona crash
Amaju Pinnick, disclosed this to the team during a breakfast meeting on Thursday in Cairo, Egypt, while congratulating them for their victory against South Africa.
Super Eagles trio of Ahmed Musa, Odion Ighalo and defender Chidozie Awaziem have been declared fit to face Algeria in AFCON 2019 semifinal clash on Sunday, July 14. The Eagles' inability to keep a clean sheet in their last three games should worry the Coach Gernot Rohr side.
Champions in 2013 before incredibly failing to qualify in 2015 and 2017, there is a feeling in the country that the Super Eagles could achieve a fourth success on the continental showpiece event. They went on to lift the trophy with a 1-0 defeat of Group C foes, Burkina Faso. The Super Eagles have been one of the most consistent teams in the history of AFCON.More news: NASA Astronaut Recounts When Apollo 13 Mission Turned From Exploration to Survival
The Super Eagles recorded a 2-1 win against tournament favorites, Cote d'Ivoire in their quarter-final match before thumping Mali (also huge contenders) 4-1 in the semi-finals.
"It's going to be a tough game".
Without doubt, Algeria's Riyad Mahrez and Nigeria's teen sensation, Samuel Chukwueze who possess exquisite skills are the players to watch in tomorrow's epic clash in Cairo.More news: Hong Kong protesters take aim at Chinese traders
- Prime Day Preview: New MacBook Air Just $999
- Tyler Skaggs: Los Angeles Angels throw no-hitter while honoring late teammate
- Duchesses Catherine and Meghan to attend Wimbledon women's final
- No More Talk, Cyprus Wants EU Sanctions Over Turkish Drilling
- China's June exports fall after US tariff hike, imports shrink
- Forty-something Tiger Woods burns bright in inspiring Serena Williams
- Rich Energy trying to save Haas deal, blames ‘rogue’ individual
- AHS: 1984 Adds Pose Vet Angelica Ross
- Heidi Klum ties the knot with Tom Kaulitz in private ceremony
- First confirmed case of measles in Ohio