On Friday Liang Hua reiterated a call on the U.S. to revise its "unjust and unfair" decision to add Huawei, the biggest producer of network equipment used by phone companies, to a blacklist restricting exports.
Despite the USA export restrictions, Huawei revenue grew in the first half of this year, Liang said.
Tensions between the administration of Trump and Huawei reached their heights in May after the Department of Commerce of U.S. added Huawei to their trade blacklist, which forbids the company from purchasing any components from the companies in America without the approval of the government of United States.More news: Boeing 737 Max chief to retire amid executive shuffle
Liang continued to say that although the situation was less volatile than previous months, and that a supposed relaxation of the restriction would be welcome, he still believed Huawei should not be on the United States government's so-called Entity List at all.
"So far we haven't seen any tangible change...." He says "our stance is that the entity list should be lifted completely". He declined to give details ahead of the release of financial results later this month.
Huawei reported earlier that its sales rose 19.5 per cent past year over 2017 to 721.2 billion ($105.2 billion).More news: Canada’s Kia Nurse named a starting guard for WNBA all-star game
The Bush administration has significantly eased restrictions on the cooperation of American business with the Chinese Huawei. In terms of smartphones, we are still using the Android operating system and ecosystem as a "first choice".
Huawei also is developing its own chips and other technology, which would reduce the amount it spends on US components and help insulate the company against possible supply disruptions.
The Department of Commerce will "issue licenses where there is no threat to US national security", though Huawei will continue to face export controls, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said on Tuesday in Washington.More news: Angela Merkel opts to sit at ceremony after third bout of shaking
Even before Trump's Osaka announcement, a number of American suppliers including Micron Technology Inc. and Intel Corp. had already resumed selling certain products to Huawei after concluding there are legal ways to bypass the ban.
- Hong Kong protesters take aim at Chinese traders
- Duchesses Catherine and Meghan to attend Wimbledon women's final
- Federer prevails over Nadal, gets Djokovic in final
- Ursula von der Leyen signals she will not reopen Brexit talks
- Star Trek actress Stephanie Niznik dead at 52
- First confirmed case of measles in Ohio
- NASA Astronaut Recounts When Apollo 13 Mission Turned From Exploration to Survival
- Prime Day Preview: New MacBook Air Just $999
- Teen bomber kills at least five at eastern Afghanistan wedding
- Duterte blasts 'idiot' critics as United Nations reviews Philippine drug war