Meanwhile in NSW, a new case of measles has been reported in a young Sydney man who recently returned from travel to South East Asia.
The Ohio Department of Health today confirmed the state's first case of measles since 2017. "We are lucky to have a high vaccination rate in Stark County and OH, so the vast majority of the public is protected", said Kirkland Norris, Health Commissioner, Stark County Health Department.
"Vaccinations save lives, period. I urge everyone who can, to get vaccinated", Director Acton said.More news: US House votes to curb Trump powers to start Iran war
The WA Country Health Service's Dr Tania Wallace told the West Australian that parents were being urged to ensure their children were vaccinated against measles according to the immunisation schedule. The rash usually lasts five to six days and begins at the hairline, moves to the face and upper neck, and proceeds down the body.
For most people, measles causes a fever, rash, runny nose and cough.
The nation is experiencing a major spread of measles, with 28 states reporting cases. If one person has measles, up to 90% of those who come into contact with that person and who are not immune will also become infected.More news: Tyler Skaggs: Los Angeles Angels throw no-hitter while honoring late teammate
The CDC recommends children get two doses of the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella) vaccine: one dose at 12-15 months, and a second dose at 4-6 years old. It is working with officials from the state and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on confirmatory testing.
Officials are monitoring those who may have been in contact with this individual and they are in self-quarantine, Rodriguez says. As of October 15, 2018, 91.4% of kindergartners had received two doses of the vaccine, according to the Stark County Health Department. Portage County has the highest percentage: 93.7 percent.
Ohio public and private schools report data each fall to the Ohio Department of Health.More news: Suspending Parliament for no-deal Brexit will provoke crisis - Hammond
- Marvin Brooks leaves Love Island villa
- Irate Bagel Boss customer speaks to News 12 about viral tirade
- Where To Get Free Fries On National French Fry Day
- No More Talk, Cyprus Wants EU Sanctions Over Turkish Drilling
- NASA Astronaut Recounts When Apollo 13 Mission Turned From Exploration to Survival
- Hong Kong protesters take aim at Chinese traders
- China's June exports fall after US tariff hike, imports shrink
- Popular TV show Friends leaves Netflix for new HBO service
- Cardi B Claps Back at Jermaine Dupri's 'Strippers Rapping' Comment
- Antoine Griezmann: Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward