The epicenter of the quake was near Monroe in Snohomish County. The USGS's intensity map illustrated that 12 people in East Wenatchee and Wenatchee felt the quake while over 40 people in Leavenworth felt shaking.
There were no immediate reports of injuries. Police in nearby Lake Stevens reported no damage to city infrastructure. The quake was followed by a 3.5 aftershock.More news: Tottenham bid to beat Arsenal for St Etienne defender William Saliba
The state Department of Transportation sent crews out to inspect bridges but no damage was found by Friday afternoon. A handful of smaller aftershocks followed, according to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network.
This latest quake in Seattle comes just a week after a powerful 7.1-magnitude natural disaster hit Southern California last Friday, causing damage to buildings. Thrust faults are common in the Cascade Range, Caruso said.More news: US House votes to curb Trump powers to start Iran war
Residents of Vancouver, Victoria and other spots near the border jumped on Twitter in the middle of the night to say they felt shaking.
She said scientists were working Friday morning to better quantify those chances.More news: Duchesses Catherine and Meghan to attend Wimbledon women's final
- Federer prevails over Nadal, gets Djokovic in final
- Teen bomber kills at least five at eastern Afghanistan wedding
- Angela Merkel opts to sit at ceremony after third bout of shaking
- Hong Kong protesters take aim at Chinese traders
- Tyler Skaggs: Los Angeles Angels throw no-hitter while honoring late teammate
- Popular TV show Friends leaves Netflix for new HBO service
- Mortal Kombat Movie Reboot is R-Rated And Has Fatalities
- Rich Energy trying to save Haas deal, blames ‘rogue’ individual
- Brazilian president to appoint his son as ambassador to US
- Boeing 737 Max chief to retire amid executive shuffle