As the second-leading fan vote getter, Wilson will serve as one of two captains for the 16th annual showcase, alongside Elena Delle Donne of the Washington Mystics.
A'ja Wilson is under a bit of pressure now as one of the captains of the WNBA All-Star Game.
Las Vegas will have a lot of its hometown players to root for at the WNBA All-Star Game on July 27. Delle Donne's team lost to Candace Parker's squad past year in the All-Star Game.More news: Teen bomber kills at least five at eastern Afghanistan wedding
Other starters included Chelsea Gray (Los Angeles), Brittney Griner (Phoenix), Jewell Loyd, Natasha Howard (both Seattle), and Jonquel Jones (Connecticut). Cambage, McBride and Gray have made it for the third time.
Among second-year players, Wilson leads the WNBA in scoring, rebounding, blocks and player impact estimate and is in the top 5 in net rating and assists.
But starting in the All-Star game for Delle Donne will depend on how fast she recovers from an injury. Howard and Nurse will be making their All-Star debuts. Additional details about the WNBA All-Star Draft will be announced at a later date. Fan voting makes up half of the determination, while current players and a media panel share the remainder evenly.More news: Tyler Skaggs: Los Angeles Angels throw no-hitter while honoring late teammate
The 12 All-Star reserves will be selected by the league's head coaches and announced on July 15. Coaches can't vote for their own players.
"That would earn me huge cool points", she said.
Bill Laimbeer of Las Vegas and Washington's Mike Thibault were named head coaches for the game. As coach of the Detroit Shock, he led the Eastern Conference past the Western Conference 103-99 in the 2007 All-Star Game in Washington, D.C. As coach of the New York Liberty, his East team lost to the West 130-121 in the 2017 All-Star Game in Seattle. The winningest coach in WNBA history, Thibault is a three-time WNBA Coach of the Year, most recently in 2013 with Washington. One year later, he led the East to a 98-82 win over the West in the 2006 All-Star Game in NY.More news: Federer prevails over Nadal, gets Djokovic in final
- Barbie doll launched to honour singer David Bowie's hit single
- Antoine Griezmann: Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward
- Boeing 737 Max chief to retire amid executive shuffle
- Tottenham bid to beat Arsenal for St Etienne defender William Saliba
- US House votes to curb Trump powers to start Iran war
- Heidi Klum ties the knot with Tom Kaulitz in private ceremony
- Duchesses Catherine and Meghan to attend Wimbledon women's final
- Rich Energy trying to save Haas deal, blames ‘rogue’ individual
- First confirmed case of measles in Ohio
- This is the Mi A3, Xiaomi’s new pure Android smartphone