Walker added that by Thursday afternoon, a Dairy Queen manager - a different person from the one who approved the cake - had called and offered her her job back.
When prepping for your kid's birthday, finding the right cake is a super important part of your party plans. Sadly, though, Dairy Queen completely overreacted to the innocent mistake and fired the employee who made the cake.
The cake couldn't be further from the innocent Disney movie, as it features a large marijuana leaf and a visibly stoned "My Little Pony" character blowing smoke and sporting some pretty bloodshot eyes.
Davis' mother has ordered other cakes from the same location for more than 10 years.More news: New Orleans Braces as Storm Barry Nears
"It was hilarious to me", she said.
I haven't had a chance to tell y'all about our experience this weekend with my birthday cake.
"The lady who made my cake was apologetic and offered to make another one". Walker was sacked because of the error on Monday, which also is her birthday. A representative from Dairy Queen confirmed with INSIDER that she was terminated and that the company later offered Walker her job back, which she declined.
"It was a mistake", she said. But to be at this job for nearly a year and not have a write-up, not be in trouble, and to just be let go because of mistake, it's not amusing to me'.
'Our cake decorator designed a cake based on what she thought she heard the customer order.More news: Trump unloads on Paul Ryan after 'American Carnage' book excerpts
What she got was not quite as family-friendly as she had envisioned. "My mama called and ordered me a cake telling them how much I loved Moana". (Because really I do) Well. Davis told CBS affiliate WMAZ. "We all died of laughter because it was obviously an honest mistake".
Davis posted a photo to Facebook more than a week ago, which has since gone viral with over 14,000 shares. "It's not amusing to me".
'Just send me on leave, write me up, any of those things, I would have been OK with those things'.
Al Autry, one of the Dairy Queen's owners, told USA TODAY in a statement: 'This was a simple misunderstanding from the beginning.
"I think they put the little pony on there because my mama told them I loved cartoons so they thought to just throw a random cartoon character on there".More news: Pence acknowledges 'tough stuff' at border detention centre
- U.S. may lift some sanctions if North Korea halts nuclear programme
- Mom arrested after kid licks, puts back tongue depressor at doctor's office
- China calls on United States to cancel Taiwan President's transit stop
- Amazon Is Building a Voice-Controlled Robot That's Like a 'Mobile Alexa'
- Dragon Quest Builders 2: How to Make Farmer's Bedroom
- Magnitude-4.6 Earthquake Rattles Seattle Area Awake
- Hawaii wildfire forces evacuations, cuts power in Maui
- Oil prices rise amid Gulf of Mexico storm, Middle East tensions
- Atlantic League to experiment with batters "stealing first base"
- Google is Working on Yet Another Social Network