The decision to reject the Catalans caused a stir last year, particularly the manner in which he turned them down, but one year on the Frenchman has completed his switch from Atletico Madrid.
Barca confirmed the signing of Griezmann on Friday on a five-year deal after a solicitor representing the forward deposited money for his buy-out clause at La Liga headquarters in Madrid.More news: Where To Get Free Fries On National French Fry Day
Barcelona announced in a statement on Friday: "FC Barcelona has paid the 120 million euro buyout clause to release Antoine Griezmann from Atlético Madrid". The club posted Griezmann's photo wearing Barcelona's traditional home jersey as well. Atletico claim they are due €80m more, because they feel the agreement between Barcelona and Griezmann predates the reduction in the buyout clause.
It was reported that the Brazilian was desperate to rejoin Barcelona, his former employers, this summer, but the signing of Antoine Griezmann appears to have thrown those plans awry for now.
He rejected an offer from Barcelona past year and revealed his thought process in a documentary called The Decision.
Griezmann joined Atletico from Real Sociedad in 2014 and scored 133 goals in 256 appearances.More news: No More Talk, Cyprus Wants EU Sanctions Over Turkish Drilling
"They've made a great signing", Cerezo confessed.
Atletico finished second in La Liga last season, nine points behind Griezmann's new club.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup victor, Griezmann, 28, scored 185 goals in 459 club appearances.More news: Hong Kong protesters take aim at Chinese traders
- Federer prevails over Nadal, gets Djokovic in final
- Axe falls on judge over video leak
- Suspending Parliament for no-deal Brexit will provoke crisis - Hammond
- Irate Bagel Boss customer speaks to News 12 about viral tirade
- NASA Astronaut Recounts When Apollo 13 Mission Turned From Exploration to Survival
- Siberians flock to toxic lake for ‘Maldives’ selfies
- Forty-something Tiger Woods burns bright in inspiring Serena Williams
- Marvin Brooks leaves Love Island villa
- US House votes to curb Trump powers to start Iran war
- Celtics Reportedly Waiving Guerschon Yabusele