Officials are also urging people not to eat fruit salads or other mixes that include papayas from Mexico, and are encouraging consumers to wash and sanitize places where papayas were stored like countertops and refrigerator drawers.
The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, public health and regulatory officials in several states, and the U.S. Food & Drug Administration are investigating a multistate outbreak of Salmonella Uganda infections linked to Cavi brand whole, fresh papayas distributed by Agroson's LLC.
Although Idaho was not listed as one of the states the flagged pig ears are sold in, with so many people traveling over the summer months with their pets, precautions to avoid potential illness should be taken.
One Florida resident who was infected had traveled to CT the week before becoming sick, according to ABC News.More news: Konsa set for Aston Villa move as Bees sign Jensen
45 people across California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Wisconsin have been infected.
Importers, suppliers, and distributors should not sell Cavi brand papayas, which are distributed by Agroson's LLC.
The FDA says it has consulted with the firm on the possibility of a recall.
Should that happen, the FDA has stated that it will "update this advisory, including any recalled products, as more information becomes available".More news: Virat Kohli reacts to criticism after Indias World Cup exit
The evidence does not indicate that papayas from other distributors are now implicated at this time, and the FDA is no longer recommending that all Mexican papayas be avoided.
Consumers should not eat or serve any Cavi brand whole, fresh papayas.
The alert highlights the brand Cavi as being the probable source of the outbreak.
Based on this new information, the hold FDA advised on 28 June 2019 for all imported Mexican papayas is no longer necessary.More news: Ford recalling roughly 400 Focus cars in Canada over engine fault
- Wilfried Zaha’s supposed move to Arsenal faces new dilemma
- UK Labour under pressure over anti-Semitism after BBC doc
- Trump signs executive order to improve kidney care
- Banks, shops recovering from card collapse across Australia
- Sugary drink consumption increases cancer risk, research suggests
- Chelsea New Boss Names Player He Can't Wait to Work With
- 7-Eleven Day: How to get a free Slurpee on Thursday
- Bosco Martis shares an important message for Shahid Kapoor
- Lata Mangeshkar requests MS Dhoni to not retire on Twitter
- Intruder scaled Buckingham Palace walls as Queen slept