Barcelona have fended off reported interest from other European heavyweights to sign England youth worldwide Louie Barry, with the Ligue 1 champions rumoured to be eyeing the 16-year old, along with several Premier League clubs.
He was given a chance to impress in Barca's La Masia academy - equivalent to the U18 football while he was playing at West Brom.More news: Tommy Robinson sent back to jail for contempt of court
Camp Nou giants Braca confirmed that Barry, who celebrated his birthday in June, had put pen to paper after passing a medical.
"[Barry] is an global with the English Under-16 team, for whom he has played nine games and scored seven goals", Barcelona said in a statement.More news: Popular Dog Treat Linked to MDR Salmonella Outbreak
Barry had been with the Baggies since the age of six and was tipped to make the breakthrough for the Championship side.
They offered him a one-year scholarship followed by a two-year professional deal with the promise of fast-tracking him to the first team, but he reluctantly turned the proposal down.More news: Konsa set for Aston Villa move as Bees sign Jensen
Given that his previous contract had expired, he arrives on a free transfer and Barcelona will only have to pay training compensation.
- Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival, Gives Reason
- Amazon Will Spend $700 Million Retrain 100,000 Employees
- At least 16 killed, 84 injured in Pakistan train crash
- Melvin Gordon to hold out, request trade unless given new deal
- Elia Viviani sprints to victory on stage four of Tour de France
- The New Starbucks Tie-Dye Frappuccino Is Perfect for Your Instagram
- Ambassadors condemn China's treatment of Uighurs in Xinjiang region
- Ariana Grande Talks All-Consuming Grief Over Mac Miller
- Confetti and chants of ‘equal pay’ greet US World Cup winners
- Trump signs executive order to improve kidney care