The fine for dissent takes him to three demerit points for this World Cup following an earlier incident against Pakistan, but a ban kicks in only after a player reaches a total of four.
England have reached their first Cricket World Cup final in 27 years by trouncing defending champions Australia by eight wickets, ensuring there will be a first-time victor of the sports biggest prize following the clash against New Zealand on Sunday.
Replays showed the England batsman had every right to feel aggrieved.
Despite losing both openers, Joe Root (49no) and captain Eoin Morgan (45no) ensured there would be no shock collapse, easing the hosts home in 32.1 overs. Lockie Ferguson, who will play in Sunday's final for New Zealand, is third, with 18 wickets.More news: Warner Bros Studios blaze: St Albans fire crews attend
Australian coach Trevor Bayliss was drafted in, sparking an impressive transformation that has seen England climb to number one in the ODI rankings and move to within touching distance of World Cup glory.
Starc's haul included the 4-43 he took in the group-stage defeat of England at Lord's and he set the new benchmark by trapping Bairstow lbw for 34.
Roy struck five sixes and nine fours before being given out caught behind even though he didn't touch the ball.
While Australia lick their wounds before facing England in the Ashes next month, the progress of Morgan´s team comes after a four-year overhaul.More news: Trump administration scraps plan to ban drug rebates
England, in reply, started explosively.
Australia won the toss and chose to bat in the first innings opening with the striking duo: David Warner and Aaron Finch. Jofra Archer got the big scalp of and Chris Woakes sent back unsafe David Warner and young Peter Handscomb to reduce Australia to 14/3. They formed a valuable stand of 103 runs before tweaker Adil Rashid had Australia in trouble again.
"I just got my length wrong for the first ball".
Steve Smith was later run out on 85 runs as Australia finished up below-par 223 runs.More news: 2019 Coke Zero Sugar 400 postponed until Sunday — NASCAR Cup Series
- Banks, shops recovering from card collapse across Australia
- Confetti and chants of ‘equal pay’ greet US World Cup winners
- Melvin Gordon to hold out, request trade unless given new deal
- Nicki Minaj Pulls Out Of Saudi Arabia Festival, Gives Reason
- Popular Dog Treat Linked to MDR Salmonella Outbreak
- New Sith Trooper Revealed From The Rise Of Skywalker
- At least 16 killed, 84 injured in Pakistan train crash
- McIlroy 'fully focused' on Scottish Open ahead of The Open
- Kanye building Star Wars-Inspired Low Income Homes
- Ambassadors condemn China's treatment of Uighurs in Xinjiang region