2019 has been fabulous for the box-office till now. He faced severe backlash for justifying his film's lead couple's - Shahid Kapoor and Kiara Advani - romance which is expressed by hitting each other. The film managed to rake in Rs 200 Crore in just 14 days and went on to become one of the hit films of 2019.
Actor Shahid recently said in an interview that he had seen Arjun Reddy with his wife Meera Rajput and after watching the film, Meera said, "There is a lot of strength in this character, you must do this film". It shall achieve this feat today, this means that come tomorrow, and Shahid Kapoor will turn into the biggest hero of the year so far. Shahid's act of a heartbroken man who takes the route of alcoholism and has anger issues is truly stellar to say the least, while Kiara balances him out perfectly with a timid yet emotive demeanor.More news: Chelsea New Boss Names Player He Can't Wait to Work With
2019's list if highest earning movies, topped by Kabir Singh and with Uri on the second spot, also has Salman Khan's Bharat, Akshay Kumar's Kesari and the multi-starrer Total Dhamaal in the subsequent spots.
The film is now in the 3rd week and continues to produce good numbers every day.More news: At least 24 killed in brutal PNG tribal massacres
Kabir Singh has collected more than four times Shahid's previous highest grosser and is set to enter the elite Rs. 300 Cr club of Bollywood. The place was earlier taken by Uri: The Surgical Strike at the Box Office.More news: UK Labour under pressure over anti-Semitism after BBC doc
- Man arrested after giving away location to police by farting loudly
- GoPro camera buried in Himalayas reveals British climbers' final moments before avalanche
- United States to investigate France's planned tax on tech companies
- Denise Nickerson taken off life support
- Five-foot alligator spotted in Chicago lagoon
- Intruder scaled Buckingham Palace walls as Queen slept
- Dems want Acosta to quit for role in financier's sex plea
- Top 5 new insane Super Mario Maker 2 levels you can play
- Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny refuses to travel on pre-season tour
- Taylor Swift Is The World's Highest-Paid Celebrity According To 'Forbes'