They have advised customers that they can still use NetBank and the CommBank app as usual.
The Commonwealth Bank has confirmed that an issue with one of its telecommunication providers (known to be Telstra) has impacted its ATMs, EFTPOS terminals, some in-branch services and even logins to its CommSec product.
All four major banks have confirmed "sporadic outages" of services including ATM and Eftpos access across the country, with fingers increasingly being pointed at the country's largest telco Telstra.
"The cause of the problem is under urgent investigation", she said.
Commonwealth Bank customers first reported issues earlier this afternoon with ATMs and EFPTOS.More news: Elia Viviani sprints to victory on stage four of Tour de France
Telstra has also tweeted that it is looking into the issue, apologising to those impacted.
"Due to this issue, we are experiencing higher than normal calls into our call centre".
"Most customer services have now been restored, and we're working with our customers on the remaining few", a Telstra spokesman said on Thursday night.
The outage also hit Australia Post, St George Bank, NAB, Westpac and ANZ. If you or your business are experiencing issues, tell us about it in the comments.
Westpac said that some branches, ATMs and services in Sydney were non-operational due to a broader network failure in the region.More news: 7-Eleven Day: How to get a free Slurpee on Thursday
'We're sorry if this impacts you. We are continuing to monitor all services as this happens.
Australia's banks were hit to various degrees.
Some customers have also reported issues with the bank's wesbite. We are working closely with external providers as to when these services will be restored and we will continue to update our customers as a priority.
Caltex said its EFTPOS payments were being affected; Woolworths said electronic payments were being disrupted; while Australia Post said EFTPOS payments over $100 and other banking services were on the fritz, while withdrawals under $100 and all deposits were still working.
'EFT payments over $100 & Agency payments over $200, Bank@Post withdrawals, deposits and balance enquiries are affected, ' it said.More news: AT&T Will Automatically Block 'Robocalls' for New Customers
'Both of our eftpos machines have just gone down and your phone line goes straight to a message.
- Arsenal captain Laurent Koscielny refuses to travel on pre-season tour
- Article image Antarctic glacial melt may cause irreversible sea level rise
- Ford recalling roughly 400 Focus cars in Canada over engine fault
- Virat Kohli reacts to criticism after Indias World Cup exit
- Kanye building Star Wars-Inspired Low Income Homes
- CannTrust Tumbles 22% as Canadian Regulators Seize Illegal Cannabis
- Konsa set for Aston Villa move as Bees sign Jensen
- Bosco Martis shares an important message for Shahid Kapoor
- Haynesworth pleas for help to find kidney donor
- Wilfried Zaha’s supposed move to Arsenal faces new dilemma