For $4 a month, the premium version of AT&T Call Protect adds "Custom Call Controls", an option that sends suspected spam calls to voicemail automatically.
AT&T's service will attempt to warn customers if a call may be spam and block any seemingly fraudulent calls.More news: Sugary drink consumption increases cancer risk, research suggests
New AT&T Mobility consumer lines will come with the anti-robocall service.
This expansion of our AT&T Call Protect service is made possible by a June ruling at the FCC. In other words, they have been given the go-ahead to add robocall blocking services to your account, so if you don't want them, you'll have to turn them off in the near future.
In the recent past Robocalls have literally become a menace. As spam services use STIR/SHAKEN in the background, more illegal calls will be caught.More news: UK Labour under pressure over anti-Semitism after BBC doc
"The FCC has been a tremendous partner in the war on robocalls", Joan Marsh, executive vice president of regulatory and state external affairs for AT&T Communications, said in a statement. "AT&T remains committed to working with our government and industry partners in the ongoing battle against unwanted and illegal robocalls". Digital Phone Call Protect is available by going into your account settings on myAT&T and turning it on.
However, the company also said customers can add the service themselves before that by downloading an app or enrolling through their account settings - which is also where customers can opt out if they choose. Verizon's Call Filter service must also be activated before users can find out if a call is likely coming from a spammer.
Personal Block List lets you block unwanted calls by number. Sprint offers a caller ID service, which it says may identify spam calls, for $2.99 per month.More news: Japan's asteroid probe Hayabusa2 set for final touchdown
- Elia Viviani sprints to victory on stage four of Tour de France
- Chelsea New Boss Names Player He Can't Wait to Work With
- CannTrust Tumbles 22% as Canadian Regulators Seize Illegal Cannabis
- Intruder scaled Buckingham Palace walls as Queen slept
- Man arrested after giving away location to police by farting loudly
- Dems want Acosta to quit for role in financier's sex plea
- Lata Mangeshkar requests MS Dhoni to not retire on Twitter
- Konsa set for Aston Villa move as Bees sign Jensen
- Bentley EXP 100 GT revealed as spectacular take on the GT vehicle
- Top 5 new insane Super Mario Maker 2 levels you can play