William Byron (24) battles Kyle Larson during Sunday's Coke Zero Sugar 400 at Daytona Int'l Speedway.
Busch finished 10th in the rain-shortened Cup race after his team and others decided to make a pit stop from the lead under caution on Lap 127, thinking the race would resume on the ensuing lap.
A 500-1 longshot making just his third career Cup start, Haley won the rain-postponed, rain-shortened race at Daytona on Sunday. "I was being aggressive and trying to keep the lead". "There was no expectation to win". (Winning) wasn't even a thought in my mind. "Yes, I really did pray for rain". "When I finished second in that to Ross, it was a bummer, but I was happy for everyone at Kaulig Racing", he added. Spire Motorsports, to put it simply, was never supposed to be a thing.More news: Confetti and chants of ‘equal pay’ greet US World Cup winners
Haley wasn't the only driver to benefit, however. It is Reddick's third pole of the season.
"That would feel really good for some people on Twitter", he said. "It would have been cool to win, for sure, but it would have been a really weird way to win". "I got under him and he blocked and he just finally wrecked us all".
"Pretty incredible", he said after his win was made official. "It's a nice little shot in the arm for our team to get the second half of the season going". After a 12th-place run at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway in May, LaJoie finished sixth on Sunday - his first top-10 finish. If we go racing we go racing. There's a better than 50 percent chance of rain for much of the day.More news: Ford recalling roughly 400 Focus cars in Canada over engine fault
Teeth chattering, hands shaking, stomach churning, Justin Haley anxiously waited for NASCAR to pull the plug on a rain-wrecked weekend at Daytona International Speedway. Daytona will play host to next year's regular-season finale on August 29 and retain the tradition of holding the first race of the season in February.
Tifft survived the chaos where teammates David Ragan and Michael McDowell could not.
As the clouds darkened over the track at the start of the third and final stage, drivers picked up the intensity and started racing as if the event would end at the first drop of rain.More news: New Sith Trooper Revealed From The Rise Of Skywalker
- McIlroy 'fully focused' on Scottish Open ahead of The Open
- Occupied Kashmir celebrates as India faces defeat in cricket world cup
- Trump signs executive order to improve kidney care
- Popular Dog Treat Linked to MDR Salmonella Outbreak
- Ambassadors condemn China's treatment of Uighurs in Xinjiang region
- Amazon Will Spend $700 Million Retrain 100,000 Employees
- At least 16 killed, 84 injured in Pakistan train crash
- Kanye building Star Wars-Inspired Low Income Homes
- Melvin Gordon to hold out, request trade unless given new deal
- Bruins sign RFA winger Heinen to 2-year contract