The U.S. secured the largest margin of victory in the history of the tournament, but some criticized its relentless pursuit of goals and celebrations while holding a substantial lead.
Not everybody was pleased with how the USWNT handled itself during an historic World Cup rout.
Since the beginning of the Women's World Cup, the U.S. women's national time has reached four finals of the seven disputed, becoming World Champions in three occasions.
The 33-year-old Rapinoe has been a leading voice in the USWNT's much publicised fight for pay equality that saw them file a lawsuit against the United States Soccer Federation in March accusing the organisation of gender discrimination.More news: Ortiz back in Boston for gunshot wound care
Of course the US men's national team didn't even make the most recent World Cup, much less beat an opponent by double digits, so there's no real comparable to hold Tuesday's result up against.
Conditions were far from ideal in Rennes for Chile's clash with Sweden due to the torrential conditions in an encounter the Scandinavians went on to win 2-0.
Torrential rain had been falling for around a quarter of an hour amid a threat of thunderstorms when the Mexican referee, Lucila Venegas, made a decision to take the players off in the 72nd minute with the score still 0-0.
Madelen Janogy came in off the bench and added a goal in stoppage time for the Swedes, who are ranked No. 9 in the world.More news: Former White House counsel John Dean describes parallels between Trump, Nixon
"In general we are stronger than our opponents and the final 20 minutes are important for us", said Asllani. "I hope she breaks every record that's ever set".
The Netherlands opened their World Cup campaign with a 1-0 victory over New Zealand on Tuesday.
She said her team is united in a way she has never seen before, and they won't let the expectations get in the way of playing a great game. "I think the players are ready, excited, hungry", she said in a news conference Monday evening. Morgan will be one of the players front and center as the USA seeks to bring home another World Cup win and maintain her status as one of the top forwards in the world.More news: Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Releases This Winter
- Nokia 2.2, The Cheapest Smartphone With Android Q
- China says will respond if US escalates trade tension
- Easter Sunday attack: Final report submitted to president
- Make India $5 trillion economy: PM to secretaries (2nd Lead)
- Everything We Know About Nintendo’s 2019 Lineup From E3
- England victorious as Brazil's Cristiane overtakes Ronaldo in record books
- Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals She and Husband Brad Falchuk Don't Live Together Full
- Radiohead share hacked files from OK Computer sessions
- Russian newspapers unite in protest over arrested journalist: who is Ivan Golunov?
- Trump claims victory on Mexican migration