On June 9, the family of California man, Robert Bell Wallace, said he died after having a scotch from his room minibar at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino resort in Punta Cana.
View of Bavaro beach, in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, on January 16, 2012. That was April 11; on April 13, a hotel doctor decided he needed to be hospitalized, and by April 14 he was dead.
Five days later an engaged couple from Maryland, Edward Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Day, 49, were also found dead in their room at the same resort.
"We have so many questions", niece Chloe Arnold told Fox.
Wallace, who was reportedly urinating blood, died three days after falling ill at the resort.More news: England victorious as Brazil's Cristiane overtakes Ronaldo in record books
Numerous deaths - and several other severe illnesses - involve healthy, middle-aged adults who had taken a drink from their hotel room minibar before suddenly becoming gravely sick.
Levine said she and a friend were planning to stay at one of the resorts where Americans died.
"My husband's story needs to be told ... something's not right in the Dominican Republic", she continued.
The FBI is investigating the three most recent deaths. Wallace, 67, became severely ill in April after drinking scotch from the minibar in his room at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino resort in Punta Cana.
"She was 51 years of age, relatively healthy, no reason for her to go on vacation and die so suddenly", Nieves told FOX 29.More news: There's an enormous, mysterious mass under the Moon's largest crater
We reiterate that we totally disagree with the dissemination of false information published publicly that endangers the image and reputation of the company and the integrity and rights of our employees and their families, reserving, when necessary, the right to undertake the adequate legal action. "We want these tests and investigation to be carried out carefully and professionally".
Asked about contacts with Dominican police and authorities, Bullock said "it has been very, very hard". In a June 7 statement, the Bahia Principe said it has a "firm commitment to collaborate completely with the authorities and hope for a prompt resolution".
At the same Hard Rock resort a year ago, another American man died under similar circumstances, the man's wife said. Their death certificates list the cause of death for both as heart attacks. They say they experienced headaches, nausea, cramping and diarrhea. So far, authorities have said that the deaths are unrelated.
The New York Post reported that almost 70 tourists have reported getting violently ill while vacationing in the Dominican Republic since March, according to a commonly used website that tracks food-borne illness outbreaks.More news: David Ortiz's wife Tiffany issues statement updating Big Papi's health
- DR Congo Ebola outbreak: Child in Uganda diagnosed with virus
- Tony Parker says he’s retiring from NBA after 18 seasons
- Ortiz back in Boston for gunshot wound care
- Virat Kohli only Indian in Forbes’ 100 highest-paid athletes list
- USWNT breaks World Cup record for goals in rout of Thailand
- Theresa May: a legacy sunk by Brexit
- Seiken Densetsu 3 is Finally Coming West as Trials of Mana
- Comedian Jon Stewart tears into Congress over 9/11 victims fund
- Flying taxi in Delhi, Mumbai soon? Well, Uber's top boss is interested
- Rain postpones Cup race to Monday