Officials did not get to throw the green flag for the 14th race of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series on Sunday afternoon due to persistent rain. NASCAR officials made the decision at 4:30 p.m. ET to postpone Sunday's scheduled at-track activity.
"Unfortunately, weather forced a postponement of today's FireKeepers Casino 400", read a track statement. "The race is rescheduled for Monday, June 10 at 5 p.m. ET". This race was scheduled to take place on Sunday, May 5 but did not take place until Monday, May 6.More news: Final Fantasy 8 Remastered arrives later this year on PC
The race isn't starting until late Monday so Fox Sports could broadcast the event on FS1 - it's contracted to show the FIFA Women's World Cup throughout the afternoon, per media reports. Clint Bowyer won that one. Drivers were in their cars and running behind the pace vehicle, and had been given the one-to-go sign ready to start the race around 3 p.m. ET when the rain began.More news: Australia’s Stoinis to miss Pakistan game, Mitchell Marsh flown in as cover
More news: Jason Roy’s 153 powers England to 106-run win over Bangladesh
- Google Assistant has finally arrived in Waze
- Russian newspapers unite in protest over arrested journalist: who is Ivan Golunov?
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk's Relationship 'Changed' After 'A Star Is Born'
- Former NFL player Kellen Winslow II found guilty on 3 charges
- Trump claims victory on Mexican migration
- 'Frozen 2' Trailer Teases Anna and Elsa's Next Epic Adventure
- Danny Rose says spending time with Liverpool's Champions League winners is draining
- Make India $5 trillion economy: PM to secretaries (2nd Lead)
- Roller Champions has been confirmed, and you can play today
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition Releases This Winter