Officials did not get to throw the green flag for the 14th race of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series on Sunday afternoon due to persistent rain. NASCAR officials made the decision at 4:30 p.m. ET to postpone Sunday's scheduled at-track activity.
"Unfortunately, weather forced a postponement of today's FireKeepers Casino 400", read a track statement. "The race is rescheduled for Monday, June 10 at 5 p.m. ET". This race was scheduled to take place on Sunday, May 5 but did not take place until Monday, May 6.More news: Huge Golovkin KO Does Not Impress Canelo Or His Camp
The race isn't starting until late Monday so Fox Sports could broadcast the event on FS1 - it's contracted to show the FIFA Women's World Cup throughout the afternoon, per media reports. Clint Bowyer won that one. Drivers were in their cars and running behind the pace vehicle, and had been given the one-to-go sign ready to start the race around 3 p.m. ET when the rain began.More news: Roller Champions has been confirmed, and you can play today
More news: Cricket World reacts as India great Yuvraj Singh announces retirement
- Shikhar Dhawan ruled out of tournament for three weeks with fractured thumb
- Easter Sunday attack: Final report submitted to president
- Jason Roy’s 153 powers England to 106-run win over Bangladesh
- PM candidate Harper asks Johnson - Why won't you answer questions?
- Final Fantasy 8 Remastered arrives later this year on PC
- Australia’s Stoinis to miss Pakistan game, Mitchell Marsh flown in as cover
- Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals She and Husband Brad Falchuk Don't Live Together Full
- More bodies found as tourist boat lifted from river
- Russian newspapers unite in protest over arrested journalist: who is Ivan Golunov?
- Make India $5 trillion economy: PM to secretaries (2nd Lead)