He was in his teens and he was playing against some of the world's best cricketers.
Yuvraj made an emotional return to the game in 2012 after a lengthy fight with a rare germ cell cancer in his lungs and played the last of his 40 tests that same year.
"You don't know what you got till its gone". Told them I don't need the game, if I don't pass the Yo-Yo test, I'll go home quietly. I would also like to thank the BCCI and BCCI president at that time Mr N Srinivasan for their support in my treatment. And I don't want any controversies over the players. "Obviously I'll take BCCI permission to go out and play".More news: Gwyneth Paltrow Reveals She and Husband Brad Falchuk Don't Live Together Full
Yuvraj, who first came into limelight with a knock of 84 runs against Australia in the Champions Trophy in Kenya in 2000, played a vital role in India's title win in 2007 T-20 World Cup in South Africa, where he smashed six sixes off Stuart Broad of England followed by 70 runs against Australia in semi-final. I would also like to thank National team coaches, various IPL team owners and staff, ground staff and anyone and everyone who helped me focus on my cricket by taking care of other things around it. It's been a very long and hard journey, and I deserve that. He debuted for worldwide cricket when he was selected for ICC KnockOut Trophy in 2000.
"My life has been like a roller coaster ride".
Probably my worst day in my cricket career was the 2014 T20 World Cup final against Sri Lanka when I scored 11 off 21 balls. It was so shattering that I felt my career was over. He said this shattered him and he needed some time to recover from the jolt and rediscover why he played cricket.More news: Esha Deol Takhtani welcomes baby girl Miraya home
"When Yuvraj made his debut for India in Kenya, I was scared and anxious". You made memories on the field and off which we as Indian fans shall always cherish. I recorded my highest one-day score of 150 in 127 balls when everybody said it was impossible. Yuvraj Singh continues to trend on Twitter as fans express how Yuvi will remain one of the favourite Indian cricketers.
Trust me I never stopped believing in myself, no matter what the world said.
Yuvraj has 8,701 runs and 111 wickets to his name in ODIs, with 1,177 runs and 28 wickets in T20Is and is known to be one of the greatest limited over Cricket players for India.More news: Iran Frees Detained Lebanese Businessman Zakka - Lebanese Official
- Russian newspapers unite in protest over arrested journalist: who is Ivan Golunov?
- Easter Sunday attack: Final report submitted to president
- Jason Roy’s 153 powers England to 106-run win over Bangladesh
- Best picks for Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka in Cricket World Cup today
- Australia’s Stoinis to miss Pakistan game, Mitchell Marsh flown in as cover
- Rain postpones Cup race to Monday
- Bradley Cooper & Irina Shayk's Relationship 'Changed' After 'A Star Is Born'
- Shikhar Dhawan ruled out of tournament for three weeks with fractured thumb
- Huge Golovkin KO Does Not Impress Canelo Or His Camp
- 'Frozen 2' Trailer Teases Anna and Elsa's Next Epic Adventure