"They must be centered on the remarkable bigger things we're doing, at the side of Mars (of which the Moon is a half), Protection and Science!"
At least that's what he meant to say.
President Donald Trump - person who loves himself a Twitter rant, often of the slightly unhinged and regularly falsely accusatory type - has aimed his latest one at NASA and the way it's spending its money.More news: Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair coming in 2019
Trump also tweeted previously about going "back to the Moon". According to Mashable, Trump was recently flamed to bits for a tweet which concerned lunar missions.
Beneath my Administration, we're restoring @NASA to greatness and we're going aid to the Moon, then Mars.
President Donald Trump delivers a speech during a French-US ceremony at the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Colleville-sur-Mer, Normandy, France, June 6, 2019.
Donald Trump, the man in charge of the United States nuclear arsenal and the country's Commander-in-chief, says the moon is "a part" of Mars. "Right now, @MarsCuriosity and @NASAInSight are on Mars and will soon be joined by the Mars 2020 rover and the Mars helicopter".More news: Elliott tries to rip up the retail history books
Vice President Mike Pence announced plans in April to return to the Moon by 2024 although some space experts doubt whether the deadline can be met.
That counters his administration's policy that NASA should focus on returning to the Moon for a landing in 2024.
He further commented saying that "moon is a part of Mars" and was trolled on the internet. "This time, we will not only plant our flag and leave our footprints - we will establish a foundation for an eventual mission to Mars, and perhaps someday, to many worlds beyond".
This picture taken on July 27, 2018 shows the moon during the total lunar eclipse, in the Israeli Mediterranean coastal city of Netanya. It's likely he was referencing NASA's longterm goal of building an outpost on the moon to make travel to Mars and beyond easier.More news: Sophie Turner talks about making out with Maisie Williams on set
- The world’s first 360-degree infinity pool is coming to London
- Chris Pratt And Katherine Schwarzenegger Have Tied The Knot
- Australia Defeat West Indies
- Dark Phoenix Director Compares Original Ending To Civil War
- Syracuse basketball to face Iowa in Big 10/ACC Challenge on December 3
- Maldives confers highest honour on PM Modi
- Nadal hammers Thiem, claims astounding 12th title
- Russian journalist in disputed drugs case in hospital
- Dominic Thiem can go toe-to-toe with champion Rafael Nadal
- WWE's John Cena Joins 'Fast & Furious 9'